7.

Here's a shitty chapter. Quit fuckin around and folllow ya girl already 😂🤙🏾 Twitter @ thervla  

Kamani wipes her face clear of tears as she speed walks off campus, making the trek to her apartment. She was practically sprinting, garnering several weird looks as she passes other college students though she didn't give a fuck. She was beyond caring what people think of her.

She makes it to her brown painted building in less than fifteen minutes—a record for her—and stumbles up the steps while rifling through her bag for her house keys.

With shaky hands she fits the key in the locks, turning it to the right and pushing open the door. She locks the door back behind her and marches to her bedroom. Throwing her bag to the floor carelessly, Kamani begins to aimlessly pace the expanse of space.

Over and over until her legs grow numb and even then she continues, the chilling pain welcome.

She feels claustrophobic and tugs at the high collar around her neck. Once she notices that she was still wearing Michael's green Puma jacket she yanks it over her head, not  worrying about her messy hair anymore. She balls the fabric in her hands, squeezes it tight and walks over to her closet.

Thrusting it open she  tosses the jacket to the back of her closet out of sight. A few sweaters and jackets hanging up were a result of Michael's carelessness and she narrows her eyes, slamming the closet door shut.

There was this big ball of adrenaline that was bundled up inside of her, waiting to be released.

She was restless and she wants to scream.

So she does.

She screams long and loudly: a heartbroken, guttural sound that echoes through her room long after she was done.

Kamani was still pretty antsy afterwards, so she leaves her bedroom, slinks into the living room and beelines for the black boom box. There was a cassette that was left in there from last time and after pressing play, she immediately stretches her arms out; the beat resonating through her body.

~

Kamani turns the knob to the right, watching as hot water pours from the faucet into the tub. Her muscles were stretched to a mind numbing tautness and her body feels gloriously heavy. She feels the water with her finger tips and draws back, pulling the shirt from over her head, unclasping her bra and removing her underwear and pants. She slides one leg in the half filled tub and eases her body down, hissing when her warm muscles relax under the high temperature.

She adds a minty bubble soap and lays her head back as the bubbles surround her brown skin. Her mind was finally at rest but she was too tired to properly feel relieved. Instead she sinks lower and lower into the deep tub, getting the ends of her hair soaked in the process.

Closing her eyes she lets the soothing scent of the mint invade her senses, cleansing them and opening them up. The water caresses her skin as the tub reaches its maximum height. She sits up and turns the water off before resuming her positon.

Time passes by but Kamani was unaware of it. She naps a bit in the bathtub and when the water turns cold she turns the water on hot, a never ending repetitive cycle.

At one point she finds that she submerged her whole head under the water, completely drenching her hair.

Only two hours after she first got in the tub does she attempt to get out. Feeling refreshed but drowsy at the same time, it takes her a good second to stand on her two legs, placing both feet on the fluffy matt. Wrapping a white towel around her body, she squeezes the water out of her hair, oblivious to the drops splashing the floor.