17

F A M E

"I didn't realize that you were such a fast learner. We might be able to start filming a few weeks early." Bishop offhandedly comments as they pack up their things for the day, putting them into their bags. Kamani quirks her lips in a awkward smile and hides her eyes as she slightly turns away. Telling him how she barely slept at all in favor of learning each and every line was not an option so she opts to keep her mouth shut.

She puts her satchel over her shoulder and turns to bid him goodbye, a habit she's acquired being around him.

"I'll see you tomorrow?"

The rest of the cast leaves the room, talking to each other comfortably while laughing. She gives a smile to one of the women (her name was Hannah) appreciating the pointers that she gave her that day.

Bishop hefts his black bag on his shoulders and nods. "Yeah, I think we'll be running through what we did today again. Mr. Clemmings wants to make sure everyone goes together one last time." He says simply. She recalls Mr. Clemmings being head of the creative department.

"That's a bit daunting." She mumbles, heart beating a tad faster. It would suck majorly if she were deemed not compatible with everyone else.

Bishop seems unconcerned as he takes a step to the door, glancing back to raise a broad shoulder. His brown eyes remain dark even in the lightest lighting.

"Don't worry bout it. Keep doing what you're doing now and you should be good." He says flippantly. She doesn't change her facial expression but if she did her face would be scrunched up. Usually when she was expected to do something it went the opposite way.

"Of course." She says with a faint hint of sarcasm, which he doesn't hear or maybe doesn't even care, as he just nods his head and walks away.

She takes a breath and follows after a moment of hopeful praying. She has a bus to catch.

~

"Good practice everyone and hey--get some rest as rehearsal days will be picking up as we get closer to the release date, which will be," Here Mr. Martinez pauses as he flips through a couple of pages that were in front of him. The rooms quiet as they wait for him to continue. "In less less than six months. That may seem like a lot of time but it's not, these days fly by faster than the time you change your underwear. So get some shut eye, eat healthy food and stay alert! We're on a tight schedule here people." Mr. Martinez claps his hands sharply as he's proned to do, dismissing the practice, and leans back to talk to Mr. Andrews, the lead director.

Kamani silently shoves her papers into her bag and checks to make sure she has everything. She doesn't bring much of anything to the rehearsals, so she was basically just pawing at air. One thing she was doing however, was going over in her mind on how she can improve on her performance.

A minute in doing this, the sound of someone clearing their throat has her looking up and pausing her mental checklist.

"Kamani right? A bunch of us are going downtown tonight. You wanna hang?"

In front of her stands Kimberly Bluette, a very pretty black girl who wears her hair long and straight with a cute little fringe in the front. Her figure was slim and shapely and her face was clear and beautiful, accented with hazel eyes. Her being a main character in the movie production wasn't too farfetched, and she figures that's probably why she landed a part as one.