c h a p t e r | 6

[ Grammar Error Presents ]

✦✦✦

. Audrey's .

Silent. Peace. Still.

The atmosphere between us only filled by the sound of pencil scribbling.

I swear I can hear the beating of my heart and the intake of breath from Luca.

After a couple minutes of noiseless atmosphere, I decided to have some conversation with him. While I'm scribbling some notes that can be used for my assignment, I take a peek behind my references book to look at him.

Surprise surprise, he looked at me as well.

He quickly looked away once I caught him looking at me. Again, a tinge of redness adorned his cheeks.

"Sorry." He said softly.

I started to fidget for a bit. What question am I suppose to ask him to start our conversation without making him uncomfortable? Well, I will go with the flow and start with the easiest one.

"What course are you taking actually?"

"Medical Laboratory Technician." He said while not looking me in the eyes.

"That's Impressive. I'm studying psychology. What year are you in?"

"Junior."

I frown for a bit. He looks the same age as me.

"I'm sophomore."

"I know."

That's awkward. I guess being popular means everyone knows every single things about you.

"Well, I guess you know everything about me then. I don't have to explain anything to you." I said while laughing awkwardly.

"Only a little bit. I did not know most about you actually. Although I heard the rumors, I need to ask the person itself to get the true information."

"Tell me, what did you know about me?"

He did not say anything for a while. Suddenly he looked at me and said

"You're the woman that every man can't even dream of"

Now, it's my turn to blush.

"That was unexpected. I think I'm just an ordinary woman."

"Believe me, you're far from ordinary."

I smiled shyly at him. Something cross my thoughts and I decided to said it.

"I like you. Let's be friends."

The shocked expression and the redness that come after that answers my question.

✦✦✦

Vote and Comment