Bluer than Blue (Part 1)

Chris' POV

Thank God, I was released from that boring hospital a while ago. So, here I am, waiting outside Hunter's room for like an hour already. He told me to come by his house at 8 o' clock and it's already 9. I knocked on his door for the tenth time and still no response.

"HUNTER!!!" I shouted. "If you don't o-" I was cut off by the door being opened.

"Hunter's in the bathroom. What do you want?" Oh, it's Nina.

She's wearing a long sleeve shirt with just her underwear. Her hair is messy too.

"Uhh... I'm s-sorry if I d-disturbed you from what you were doing." I stuttered.

"It's fine. We just finished." She said.

Moments later, we were joined by a shirtless Hunter.

"Oh, hey Chris! Happy Birthday!" He said, happily. "You ready for some adventure?" He added. I just gave him a smile. A smile to cover the pain that I've been feeling in my heart.

"Uhmm... I-I'll just wait for you to get ready." I said and went to the living room to sit on the couch.

I sighed. So this is how I'll spend my birthday this year. Be sad, hurt, and broken hearted. Maybe this how I'll spend my birthdays in the future.

Moments later, I saw Hunter and Nina holding hands. They're smiling happily while looking at each other and kissed. It broke my heart, watching the person you love can't love you back.

"Are you ready to go?" Hunter asked me. I just nod as reply. I don't want to speak anymore because if I do, I'll just stutter and cry.

We went out of the house and get inside his car. His girlfriend sat in the front seat while I sat in the back. I just looked away at the sight in front of me.

It took half an hour yo reach our destination. It was our favorite place. It was the forest where you'll find our old tree house.

"This is our tree house. We used to hang out here." He said.

I thought he was talking to me but I guess not. His words were meant for his girlfriend. Nina just smiled and kissed him.

"Thanks for bringing me here." She said.

"Hey Hunter, I'm going to walk around." And leave the two of you alone on your date.

"Okay." He said but did not look at me.

So I just walked away and went out of the forest. I looked around and saw a taxi. I waved my hand to signal the driver to stop. Once the taxi stopped I get inside and went home. Might as well just go home and celebrate my birthday alone.

I felt my tears slide down my cheeks. I wish I wasn't born. I'm just a mistake. My parents died because of me. I was meant to be alone. My bestfriend proved that to me.

My tears kept flowing as the car came to a stop. I went out and ran inside the house.

"SURPRISE!!!" I heard everyone shout.

I looked at them and ran straight to my room. I locked myself inside my room and lied down on my bed. I covered myself with my blanket and cried.

"Chris, please open the door." I heard Darby said.

"Leave me alone." I said.

I cried and cried until I fell asleep.

▶▶ TIME SKIP ◀◀

I woke up and saw everyone inside my room.

"Happy Birthday Chris." Darby said while holding a cake.

"How did you get in here?" I said silently and looked away.

"Hunter let us in." He said. I saw Hunter sat down the bed.

"What?" I said coldly.

"I'm sorry." He said.

"We'll just leave the two of you to talk for a moment." Darby said as everyone went out of the room. They left their gifts on my bed.

I just ignored him and got up.