Chapter Two

"Thank fuck that lockdown is over!" Aaron shook his head, trying to rid himself of any energy. "That was an intense one."

"I hear you Bro!" I nodded in agreement, packing my recorder into my bag ready for Billy to review when we were back in Vegas.

"I am so glad we've got this next month off." Jay started packing up the cameras and other equipment.

"Me two." Billy chirped in, pulling the car up and opening the trunk so we could load all the bags away.

"I'll see you guys tomorrow to go through everything." I yawned, standing by my front door.

"Sleep well Zak, you need it." Aaron yelled from the car window.

"We all do." I smiled waving them off. I watched them drive off out of the community before heading back into my house, closing and locking the door behind me. I headed straight for my bedroom, pulled my combat pants off and got into my bed wearing just my boxers and vest top, closing my eyes.

"Zaaaak, I need your help!"

I woke up from my nightmare of dolls coming to life and teaming up with clowns to get me to hear a voice whispering in my ear.

"Zaaaak!"

"Fuck off, leave me alone." I turned over trying to avoid the voice, hoping my mind was playing tricks on me. "I need sleep.  I've just come off a rough lockdown."

"Come on Zachery!  Will you not help a lady out?!"

"Really?" I sighed, sitting up in my bed and saw the figure of a little old lady standing at the end of my bed. "Jesus!" I covered myself over with my duvet and put my glasses on. "How'd you get in here?  This place is well secured and on a private community.  I swear if this is some kind of prank that Aaron has..."

"No prank dearie." She smiled at me. "I need your help."

"Which is?"

"To help me complete my unfinished business."

"I can try to help."

"Are you or are you not Zak Bagans, paranormal investigator?"

"Yes I am but..."

"No buts."

"And your unfinished business is?"

"To see my husband happy again. We always said if that one of us died before the other, to marry again. He was always unsure about the idea but I want him to know I'm happy about it."

"How do you expect me to do that?"

"Let me introduce myself to you." She moved closer to me. "I'm Lillian Anderson, my husband is Martin Anderson.  We had been married for 34 years.  I died from pneumonia."

"Can I do it tomorrow?" I asked, yawning. "When I've caught up on sleep?"

"As long as you do."

"I promise I will."