Chapter 2: Rehearsal Time

While the girls were stretching, the moms were in the sitting room like they usually were as Abby was in her office talking to Lorenzo and Gianna about what order they were gonna rehearse the dances.

"We're back for yet another season." Christi said.

"You said it, Christi." Kelly agreed.

"I wonder what Abby and Logan have up their sleeves this season?" Kristie asked.

"Knowing them, who knows what they have planned." Jill stated.

"Hopefully, they'll keep Payton on the team, because i believe that she's advanced." Leslie told them.

"I wouldn't count on it." Melissa responded.

"Well, you haven't been in the good books of Abby and/or Lorenzo." Leslie said.

"This will be the year that me and my daughters will finally be back in their good books this season." Melissa replied with arrogance in her voice.

"Very unlikely." Holly muttered under her breath.

"Who knows?" Kristie said.

Back in Studio A, Abby and Lorenzo were ready to work with the girls for the first rehearsals of the new season and the first thing that they were gonna work on was the group dance.

"Girls, this group dance is a hip hop routine named Walkin On The Moon." Abby said, then she and her son looked over to Gianna and gave her the signal to start the music and after Lorenzo and Gianna did the steps, then the girls began dancing.

"Maddie, turn your leg out!" Lorenzo screamed.

"Point that foot, Nia!" Abby added.

"Tighten your knee, Payton and you too Kendall!"

"Why can't you all do it like Brooke, Paige, Chloe and Asia?!"

Several minutes later, Lorenzo was standing in the room and Gianna was with him and was standing next to the laptop that had the music, as Chloe stood there as the rest of the girls had gone into the dressing room.

"Chloe, your solo is a lyrical routine called Heart of the Matter." Logan told the dancer, who nodded and was looking on and after Lorenzo and Gianna did the moves, Gianna went to the laptop and played the music and watched Chloe mimick the moves that Lorenzo and Gianna had done. "Don't sickle, Chloe."

Chloe listened and applied the correction and resumed her dancing and eventually, she was done with rehearsing.

"Not bad, Chloe." Gianna observed.

"You did well, Chloe. But we'll continue to work on it." Lorenzo said.

"Ok." Chloe responded.

In Studio B, Abby was in the room and with her was Paige, who had a solo that Abby had given her.

"Paige, the name of your solo is Always Midnight, which is a contemporary routine." Abby told Paige, who was listening carefully, then the dance teacher played the music and Paige was beginning her dance as Abby looked on and critiqued her whenever she saw a flaw.

"Don't sit in your turns, Paige!" Abby told her. as Paige obeyed and continued to dance and corrected any flaw that Abby saw and she was continuing her dance and then after 30 minutes of rehearsing, Paige was done. "Paige, that was good, but you have to be great, so we'll continue to work on that. Can you bring Nia and Asia to work on their Duet?"

"Yes." Paige said as she left the studio room and walked to the dressing room where Maddie, Mackenzie, Nia, Brooke, Kendall, Chloe, Payton and Asia were all sitting as other dancers were just in class.

"Hey, Paigey." Payton said.

"Hey." Paige smiled. "Nia, Asia, Miss Abby wants to work on your duet."

"She did?" Asia asked.

"Let's do it, Asia." Nia said.

"All right." Asia stated as she followed Nia and the two left the dressing room to head into Studio B where Abby was waiting and Logan was still in Studio A and he was gonna work on Maddie and Mackenzie's duet and the two girls then entered.

"Asia, Nia, your routine will be a musical theater routine named Le Jazz Hot." Then the music on the laptop began playing and the two girls were dancing very well in the rehearsal and Abby couldn't help but crack a smile because she knew that the two worked well together like Chloe and Paige do and like Paige's solo rehearsal, it took 30 minutes.

"How did we do, Miss Abby?" Asia asked.

"You two did well." Abby answered.

"But we know that there can be things we can improve on." Nia said.

"You know it."

Back in Studio A, Maddie and Mackenzie had both arrived from the dressing room so that Logan could work with them on their duet and the two girls

"Maddie, Mackenzie. Your duet is named What I Like About You." Lorenzo said, then when Gianna played the music, the two girls were a mess from the minute they started their dance. "Whoa, Whoa! You two missed a step!"

Maddie and Mackenzie both looked nervous when Logan yelled, he could sometimes be more intimidating than Abby at times and then they ran the duet over and over again and still couldn't get it right and that irritated Logan.

"I'm not gonna lie to you two, but you two have regressed." Gianna said calmly, but her tone blunt.

"What we've witnessed was not acceptable and you need a lot of work." Lorenzo said sternly and then he dismissed the two ziegler girls from the studio room and they left with tears in their eyes and when they.

"What's wrong, my girls?" Melissa asked.

"Lo-Lorenzo yelled at us." Mackenzie cried.

"He-he said that our duet was not acceptable, also he told us that we missed a step and our duet needs a lot of work." Maddie sniffed.

"Lorenzo's a bigger bully than Abby is and i'm gonna go talk to him for you." Melissa told her daughters and she stormed to the door that led to Abby's office and knocked, then the door opened and Abby was standing there.

"What do you want, Melissa?" Abby asked with an annoyed tone in her voice. "Can't you see i'm talking to my son?!"

"I want to talk to you." Melissa responded, then she entered the office of Abby, which had a laptop to find costumes for competitions. "Abby, did you know your son yelled at my daughters while rehearsing with them."

"Look, i was only doing that to light a fire under them. That's tough love and they've got to toughen up." Lorenzo stated.

"Yeah!" Abby agreed. "You claim that we're hurting Maddie and Mackenzie, but we're not!"

"Yes you are!"

"Nope, the only person who's hurting their chances is you!" Lorenzo told Melissa.

"Listen you bird-brained idiot--!"

"You know what, since you insulted my son, you tell Maddie and Mackenzie that the duet is pulled!" Abby barked, she hated it when someone insulted Lorenzo.

"Well, since you decided to pull their duet, good luck trying to win without them!"

"Whatever." Lorenzo said, rolling his eyes as Melissa stormed out of the office and took a crying Maddie and Mackenzie out of the studio and around 9:00 PM, everyone left the studio and headed for home.