Chapter Two: Vent

The bell rang it's usual chime, like nothing at all was wrong, and Ryuzaki got up from where he was sitting in the middle of the hallway. His blue glowing chest was still visible through the light colour of his shirt, but he had nothing to hide it with. So, he just kept his head down and started walking slowly as many people began to pour out of classrooms around him. Noise filled the corridors.
Hearing some snickers, he glanced up, accidentally catching the gaze of another student, who raised an eyebrow and blocked his way.
"You're glowing, loser. I bet you're a faggot, huh? Who's the unlucky guy?" The girl laughed at him, and Ryuzaki pushed past her, walking faster than before. Of course they had to say that. Of course. As he walked, he heard several remarks and insults from the people he passed.
Eventually he put his dark blue headphones on and ran down the hall, pushing people out of his way and weaving between them. The letter 'L' in white gothic lettering was printed on the sides of his headphones. Ryuzaki ran into the empty male's bathroom and threw himself into the corner, panting as he sank to the tiles. His eyes stung with tears threatening to drip down his pale cheeks. He had been through so much worse. Why cry over this? Idiot. He cursed himself and wiped his face as he leaned back against the cold hard walls.
"R...Ryuzaki.. you.." The sound of heavy breathing reached Ryuzaki's ears through his silent headphones. He then quietly watched as Light came storming into the room. "Ryuzaki! Everyone made fun of me! What the fuck?! All because of you! Of course you had to start glowing and shit. You were obviously the only one in there, and now they're fucking calling me a gay loser!" Ryuzaki slowly blinked up at the other male as he yelled and paced back and forth. He tilted his head slightly, catching his breath. No words escaped his throat.
'Is this how he really feels..?'
"Do you know how hard it is to talk to them when they're like this?! It's all your fault..Geez, if only you didn't come to school anymore, wouldn't that be a treat..." Light stopped and stared at him for a good, long excruciating second before turning around and swiftly leaving without another word.
'...Light...'  Ryuzaki just sat there In dead silence, processing what had just happened.

~After school~

"Yes, thank you very much for this opportunity. I'm free Tuesday to Friday from four o'clock til six o'clock, and all day on the weekends. ... Yes, I can deal with that. ... Ten o'clock til three on Saturday? ... Yes. Then I'll start this Friday. ... Thank you again for accepting me for the job. Goodbye."