Bonfire Part 1

This year's Bonfire is Bea's first in presenting herself in front of everyone not a champion. Eerie, weird, awkward, shameful, name it... She's feeling all of it right now. It was a weird thing for Bea this year because she's not wearing a customized "Champions!" shirt. 

"Do we have to be in a dress?" She asked Maddie since last year, they were required to wear dresses for the fellowship.

"Walang specifics na sinabi. Decent comfy attire daw." Maddie answered. "Nag-pplan ka ba mag dress?"

"Yes. I don't have other clothes na eh." Bea answered, picking the navy blue Cotton-On dress she had in her closet. "Sabay tayo punta don, Mads." 

Maddie just smiled and waited for Bea to be done preparing.

It has been a tradition in Ateneo to give their athletes recognition in the field they are playing for the UAAP in the school's esteemed "Bonfire". Even those who came relatively short in their run for championship, including Bea's team, the Lady Eagles. Also, a signature during Bonfire, fans can be up close to their idols for selfies and videos. Lastly, students and the people inside Ateneo are allowed to have alcohol inside the campus for the entire duration of the Bonfire. It's basically a party for everyone. 

Bea, in this time, after having the thanksgiving dinner at the Blue Eagle Gym  with her teammates and the rest of the student-athletes of Ateneo, was feeling down.

Thirdy, from the other table, caught an eye on her blankly dazing at the thanksgiving dinner. It feels weird to talk to her since the last Bonfire. Billie and Thirdy are having petty fights because of fans trying to pair him up with Bea and that caused the awkward atmosphere between them. 

But he felt like his "best buddy" in school needs him. So he texted her.

To: Beatriz

You fine? 

Bea peaked at her phone since a message came. She read it and gave a look at Thirdy who was looking at her, waiting for a reply. Instead of replying, Bea put down her phone and cut the eye contact with Thirdy.

"What is wrong with you, Beatriz..."  He thought.

The student-athlete Eagles have taken off the Blue Eagle Gym and are heading towards the Bellarmine field where the Bonfire is happening. Bea got a text while she's walking towards Bellarmine with Jho.

From: Thirdy

Mag-uusap tayo mamaya.

"Why?" She muttered.

"Ano?" Jho, who was just on her side replied. 

"Wala." She segued but Jho caught her red handed. 

"Si Thirdy yan, noh? Nakita ko kayo kanina eh. Ano sabi sayo?"

Bea, who had nothing else to do but to answer honestly, told Jho, "Mag-uusap daw kami."

Jho, looking dumfounded said in reply, "Gagong 'yan. Sinasabi ko sayo Bea ha. Wag na wag kang bibigay." They arrived at the side of the stage and getting ready for the presentation of athletes.

Bea, assuring her, said, "Oo nga."

"Let's welcome! The Ateneo Lady Eagles Women's Volleyball Team!" the host said.

Jho, segued as last reminder, "Bea, seryoso. Wag sa may sabit."

Bea, with nothing to say, just breathed a sigh of putangina-di-ko-na-alam-shit and went up to the stage with her team. 

The Bonfire is lit. Get the party started!

"Yep. Bonfire. Yep." Bea trying to compose her self said but ended up saying "Fuck this. I'm getting myself drunk."

Bea got herself a can of beer, made it two, it became 4 the entire time she was on the Volleyball Team's tent. Giving fans opportunity to have selfies with her, video greetings, and autographs. 

"Si Bea yan, diba?" Alyssa, seated beside Thirdy and Laura pointed to the 12th o'clock of their angle "Lasing na yan. Puchang bata." she said sighing.

"Why is she getting herself drunk, Ly? May nangyari ba?" Laura asked with much concern for Bea. Thirdy, who is with them is just mum.

"Since pagkatalo namin, she's been down. Parang ngayon lang niya na labas lahat ng sama ng loob nya sa pagkatalo namin." Alyssa explained while looking at the tipsy Bea getting off her chair to get another can of beer. 

Thirdy, after keeping himself mum about it stood up and called someone of the phone. 

"Excuse me. Aalis lang ako." He said and exiting the tent.

Bea answered her ringing phone.

"Hello?" Bea answered.

"Meet me at the Eliazo. Papunta na ako 'dun."

"Hello? What? Why?"

"Mag-uusap tayo diba?"

"Pucha, it's Thirdy." Bea thought. "Think of a reply Beadel!"

"I can't. I can't go there now."

"You will come here o kukunin pa kita jan sa tent?"

"No. No. No. It's fine. I'll go there."

-end of call-

"Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Beadel what have you agreed upon." She whispered to herself and excused her drunk self to the tent and walked in the road going to Eliazo, but a hand coming from a tree stopped her from walking a pulled her in, hidden in the trunk of the tree. It was Thirdy.

"Why are you acting like this?" Thirdy asked, still holding her delicate arm.

"Why do you care?" 

"Bea, stop acting like you're strong!" Thirdy, running out of patience, raised his voice.

"I'm not acting strong. Now, answer me. Why do you care." Bea, not budging, answered him.

"I just... do." Thirdy answered, slowly slipping his hand off her arm. 

"Then please stop caring." Bea answered. She's about to walk back to the tent when she got a call.

"Ate Ly? ... Yeah... Beer? Alright... Okay, I'll buy... Yes, sa labas nalang ako bibili... Okay." 

Bea went ahead but footsteps were following her. It was Thirdy's again. 

"I'll come with you."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was supposed to be a One-Shot story pero gusto ko pahabain so yes. I am  making this 2 or 3 chapters. Daming ganap sa Bonfire eh!

Please tell me your opinions regarding the story! Thank you! 

Go BeaRdy! Layaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag!