Chapter 14

Not Edited

Maklins POV

She shot the gun and I winced and closed my eyes, ready to embrace the bullet. I waited like that for a second then opened my eyes. The bullet stood frozen it front of my face. I quickly moved to the side as if it was a time bomb about to explode. It shot past my head missing me by an inch.

I looked at Bailey and Lola both of them as surprised as me. That was until Lola finally stopped zoning out and ran. Bailey went to go after her but I grabbed her arm.

Bailey's POV

Maklin grabbed me by the arm and shook her head as I tried to run after Lola.

"But-" I started

"The police will get her, lets just get home before I get anyone else killed" her hand was now moved to my shoulder.

"You're right" I stated disappointed.

---

A few hours later the police were at the scene and everything was blocked off. There was a huge crowd outside of the small gates that the police stood up.

"Ok it looks like you two are free to go. We'll call you if anymore questions come up." I looked at the older man in his fifties. He had a friendly wrinkled smile on his face, and a name tag on his chest.

"Okay, thanks officer brown." I said and tried my hardest to smile. The truth is, I was still dying in the inside from Mary and mom.

We started walking through the path of people that the cops made for us. That just made me even more sad.

"She's not even human!" One man shouted.

"Look at that monster. I bet she killed her family without a second thought." Another one screamed.

I mentally cried as more insults were thrown at me left and right. Even though I should ignore them, they were right to some length.

Then there was the news people, asking questions that not even Einstein  could answer.

We finally got in the police car they were driving us home in. I couldn't take it anymore. I broke down. I was a mess with snot and tears running down my face. Luckily Maklin was in the car holding me because I usually don't cry, but I couldn't hold it back anymore.

---

I sat there crying for what felt like hours until we pulled up to the house. I quickly took a tissue and wiped my face before I got out. Knowing I still looked like a mess I covered my face when I walked up the porch.

-------------------------------------------

Ok so I know this chapters a little short sorry, but I felt like this was a good place to end. Next chapter will be normal sized though so don't worry.

Also this book might be finishing soon and I have another story I want to write after. Yes I know this is a short story... I honestly was planning it to be longer but things happen right?

Finally guess what! It's almost summer! You know what that means right? No school!!! (Starts dancing in room)

Thanks for reading!!!