Things Are Changing

Shadow and the cat stayed side by side in the search for the resonating energy of the scepter. Rouge was able to pull herself out of the jealousy pit for the moment trying to prove herself better by putting all her efforts into tracking down and finding the scepter first. Silver however found it awfully hard to concentrate. Seeing the way his father worked with Midnight put him on edge, not to mention how easily it was for Mephiles to have tricked him into not trusting his own father that he knew all his life-- after Blaze had sent him on his mission and the timeline changing adventure (of course).

"Silver" Espio whispered next to his ear causing him to jump out of his fur and yelp like a dog's tail being stepped on.

"Ahh!? What was that for Espio?! Don't sneak up on me like that!" Silver panted catching his breath and snapped at the chameleon irritably.

Espio raised a brow and tilted his head, "I wasn't sneaking up on you, I was so loud in my walking a deaf person could have heard me...I wasn't even invisible." He placed his hand on his him narrowing his eyes at the hedgehog, "Are you okay? You're spacing out and that's not helping at all."

"What- ugh I know.. I just have a lot on my mind and there's been so much going on it's happening all too fast." Silver tugged at his quills frustrated and slouched against the wall.

"I can imagine." Espio nodded, "You know you can talk about it to me. We haven't seen each other in awhile, not since that matchmaking deal with your parents."

"I know, I'm sorry." Silver sighed deeply bowing his head, "I missed you guys, but I've been real busy lately. With all this scepter hunting and repairs of the city. Mephiles escaping being evil to questionably good, loosing Blaze right before my eyes, and now I'm not even sure my parent's will be staying together for much longer. Everything is falling apart in my life and there's nothing I can do about it."

"So, now would be a bad time to confirm that Shadow made a date with Midnight after the mission huh?" Espio looked away with a sheepish smile and trailed his finger along his horn.

"...I thought you were trying to help me..." He glanced up at him with a scowl.

"I am I am! Look Silver, things are going to change that's how life works. We like to believe we're in control of our lives but actually the only thing we have control over is how we let life affect us. Feelings can change over time, it happens more often than not and most of the time we have no control over how others feel about each other for their own reasons. The important thing to do is just focus on how you're going to live with the outcome if you can't change the course of life's actions." Espio put a hand on his shoulder softly to comfort his friend.

"In simpler words you're saying' I should just deal with it." Silver frowned shrugging his hand away and started to walk away.

"In simple terms if you see it that way sure. Deal with it. What other choice do you have?"

"I'm a time traveler damn it! I can do something about it! ...Y-yeah why didn't I think of this before!? I'll just go back in time, get to Blaze sooner than Mephiles, and stop that Midnight girl from ever coming to Mobius!"

Espio's eyes widened seeing Silver really was in a more fragile state of mind than he let others catch on to, "Silver... this life and world isn't yours alone. Before you go about time jumping to create paradoxes and bending other's fate for your own selfishness think about others you're sharing this time with... That would be the same as playing 'god' to not only your parents but others as well. Vector and Vanilla haven't seen each other face to face in a long time and he's been worried sick over her since Chaos flooded the land and Iblis set fires in the city. Going back to change things for yourself could alter a deadlier fate for others."