Mission prep

(Ava's pov)

Soon after my little episode is over. Steve and I return to the others and discuss what the next move is. After some debate we make the decision to not only take down hydra but shield along with it. Steve goes out side while nat and I finish having our wounds tended "I know you like him." Nat says breaking the silence "what?" I rely caught off guard "I know you like Steve. The both of you are so obvious it's kinda laughable." "Is now really the best time for this?" "I only bring it up because no matter what happens out there today you can't let yourself get distracted." Nat presses.

"I know. Agent first Ava second, it's nothing I haven't done before I'll be fine." I explain "that's the thing you need to be both those people at once the agent part of cannot take over not fully it will only hurt you in the end Ava." "I told you I don't need the lecture I've come back from it before I can do it again." I try to make her understand but she keeps going " this time someone you care about is involved. Are you sure you'll be able to separate the agent you from the real you?" "There is always someone I care about involved, nothing is different this time." She looks at me confused yet understanding.

"I don't know what you've been through and it's fine if you don't want to share it. But, you got out of shield for a reason. And whatever reason that was you clearly didn't have the intent to rejoin. Just don't lose sight of the real you. It's easy to do trust me i know." I look her right in the eye not needing this right now and frankly not wanting to hear it anymore.

"You remember the night we were all out to dinner and I excused myself to answer my phone?" "Yea your mom called." She says looking at me confused " not my real mom.... my real parents were agents with shield and died on a mission when I was six and my sister was nine. The people I call my parents today were assigned to my sister and I by shield. We didn't have a normal childhood after they came into our lives....."

-----------------------

Sorry it's a short one I'll update again when I'm on my break later. Trying to get as much done as I can in between the rushes at work cuz Ik I haven't updated this in forever