~ 1 ~

~ No One's POV ~

No one knows the reasoning behind why Eren Jaeger is mute and no one will ever know whether they'll find out or not.

After a tragic death of his beloved mother and sister, Eren has spoken to no one, and is confident in himself that he never will.

The wind whistles through his window as he pushes it open stepping out of the Ackerman's house and on to the balcony. The metal floor is cold to his feet but he doesn't care, he doesn't mind. The crescent moon shining upon him in the star-less sky, the trees in the forest below wave at him peacefully. A white barn owl stretches it's pure white wings and soars through the trees with no worry in the world.

How much Eren wanted to be a bird. To trust no one but themselves. To soar in the darkness with no fear. To feel his feet lift off the ground. To feel free.

But because of who he is and because of what he'd seen it'll never happen. He was taught to trust no one. And trusting no one is what he does.

For one word could kill. For one word would be his death.

The rustling of the trees can be heard in the silence of the night. The silence of himself. The silence he hates. How much Eren wishes he could call, scream, cry into this world but thinking this gives him an agonizing pain in the chest when the voice repeats its horrid words.

"For one noise is one's death and for every death brings your own."

Shaking the horrid, terrifying voice out of his head he stares on forwards, not a care in the world. It was true, there wasn't a care in the world, when there was no one for him to care for.

A single tear slips his tired eyes as he closes then, hands tightly wrapped around the balcony railing.

"Eren."

Yes. The boy thinks not answering the other male but reopening his eyes.

"It's cold."

Very. Eren thinks again.

Turning, sleepily, around to the boy now beside him on the balcony.

"Please talk."

I can't.

"You can trust me."

No.

"I'm here for you."

Lies.

"Eren."

A silent sigh escapes his lips as he takes one last glance up into the night sky before turning to face the pale boy, noticeable in the night. The boy never left Eren once. Not after his break down. Not after showing his other self. Not after the boy found out that the other boy was a murderer.

That's not true.

He didn't kill. He'd never kill. But the man in his mind, the man in the shadows, the man forever watching him blamed it on him. This man controls Eren. Tells Eren what to do. Tell's Eren who to be. And who Eren is now is a monster, a known murderer, a mental, ill, sick child - also known as the devil's child. Devil's child. You could call him that, not that it's a fact but the name has sunk into him by now as it's his own name.

"I know."

The other boy speaks calmly looking away from Eren and up to the sky.

"Your lost."

Lost?  The boy questions in his mind.

"In your own mind." He carries on "Someone out there did this. Someone out there made you what you'd call a star."

Star, what are you on about?

"They shine, but only for so long." He looks back over at Eren, "And you've just lost your brightness."

Why are you like this to me?

"You are lost in your own mind, lost in your own thought that you've closed all in which you wish to say." He walks towards Eren stopping only inches away. "Let me in, give me your trust and I'll give you mine." His hands cascaded Eren's cheek, "Speak."

No.

Stepping back the brown haired Eren turned away, eyes looking down at the floor, and stepped back inside.

"I'm sorry."

Don't be.

"I understand."

No you don't.

"I get why you can't talk"

And whys that?

"Someone's told you to."

Eren spin's around, shock imprinted on his face.

How?

"So it's true?"

No. They'll kill you.

"You're not alone Eren. They can't hurt you."

He can.

"You're safe."

But you're not.

"Eren?"

Looking back into the boy's steel grey eyes as they search the other boys eyes for some sort of answer.

Run.

Hide.

Live for me.

"Don't."

Don't what?

"Don't cry." His thumb wipes away the mute boys unknown tear, "It saddens me to see you sad."

Why? I'm no one but a burden to you.

"Trust me." Shaking his head, he takes a deep breath, "I'll find you."

Aren't I already found?

"I'll find you, I'll save you." Eren tilts his head in confusion, "I'll save this lost boy."

The mute boy smiles.

"That's better." He rests his forehead on the other boys head. "Just what I want to see."

Moving away the pale boy becomes worried.

"What's wrong?"

We can't be.

"Tell me."

How?

"Talk to me."

I can't.

"Then listen to me." He nods. "Breath." The brown haired boy does just that. "You and me. We'll be free." His breath hitches.

Eren closes his eyes.

"Watch me." He peers through his eyelids as they widen at the the other boys plump lips pushing against his own. "We'll be free."

He push the pale boy away.

No.

I'm a monster.

Murderer.

No one loves me.

"OK."

OK?

"Know that your rejection means nothing to me," Eren frowns. "You'll always have a part of me."

Eren's face softens.

"Eren, come with me." He puts out his hand, "Be with me." Eren takes his hand as we move to my single bed. "Sleep, Eren." He does, closing his eyes as the covers come up to his shoulders. 

"Lost boy."

He turns away from the boy's voice.

"Trust me."

You're not trustworthy.

- Edited. 04.01.2017