~ 6 ~

(Under the water - Aurora)

~ Levi's POV ~

Confusion. That's all I felt as I sprinted after the boy in the darkness ahead of everyone else. 

Confused about the feelings I felt at this minute.

Confused why the boy didn't hurt me when he had the chance to take me down.

Confused in why he stopped.

Confused in how weak I felt before him.

Confused in why I'm confused.

The mist has now coated the moon. The darkness doing it's job at making my own job harder then it should be. 

In all time I'm chasing this boy the image of his teal eye's standing out, the moon reflecting off them, is stuck in my mind.

Two cop's are on my tail following my lead, the other's setting off their police sirens and blocking off the bridge form traffic. 

The boy's fast. I'm faster.

"Hey you're not allowed down there!" A male cop yell's. 

They both come to a halt  blocking off the pedestrians trying to cross other the bridge. There shout's and car horns clash together as the cop's turn there attention to calm the people down, leaving me to carry on the chase. 

I'm tired, but so is the boy. You can tell. The adrenaline which was once running thru his system has stop, his shot wound now taking affect.

He limp's, hobbling down a steep hill under the bridge, towards the water. Twisting around he catches glimpse of me running, me 20 feet behind him and lets out a croaked sob before turning to the water flowing beneath the bridge. 

"Don't!"  

It's to late. He step's backwards at my voice. A stone behind him.

He trips.

Falls.

Backwards.

Crashing ever so slowly into the water where his arm's flings around in the air as if to grab somethings. 

Though there's nothing for him to grab.

He disappears under the water. Me freaking out. I rushing to the edge of the water frantically looking around for any sign of life.

None to be seen.

"Hey!" I don't know what I was expecting but I shouted anyway "Oi!"

I take a cautious step forwards, the water hitting the ball of my feet. 

Cold. 

Something shoot's up out of the water. Arm's flying around. Someone gasping. There face looking upwards, eyes closed, mouth wide open, before they sink back in the water.

Now I was confused, why hasn't he escaped yet? Then it hit me...he can't swim.

Panic runs threw me. My body froze to the spot. The water's calm now. The bubble's that where once hitting the surface of it gone. 

Th boy. The alley way kid. The teal eyed boy. Has drowned. Died.

NO!

With not a care in the world, all noise's of the cop's and Hanji from above the bridge looking over at us, isn't heard. The only thing heard for me is my beating heart and my voice.

'Find him! Get him now! I can't lose him, not know not ever!' They were the word's I bellowed at the useless cop's who were ordered to find the mute boy years ago.