Chapter 11 - Confession

~At the townhall, (Y/N)'s POV~

On the way back, the mayor kept bugging me to tell him how I got 'Blue' to do what I wanted him to. In other words he wanted to know my secrets for taming a dragon. And I had to keep on telling him that they were a secret and that they need to stay that way.

Grey just walked a couple of paces behind us, listening quietly as I was trying to convince the mayor that I wouldn't spill the beans. I heard a couple of chuckles coming from his direction from time to time.

Other times, Acnologia would use telepathy to listen in on the conversation using me and even he couldn't help but laugh at what was being said. But once we got inside the hall, he went quiet and serious. He was back in his mayor mode.

Back at the large room that we were received in, the mayor said that he'll give up trying to find out my secrets. "But I will say a really big 'Thank you' for saving the children." he said. "Thank you so much for saving the next generation of the town." After the massive thank you, we went to collect our reward. Taking the now raised reward of 18 million jewels and splitting it between me and Grey, me getting 2/3 and Grey the rest since he insisted it should be like that.

Then, after saying our goodbye, we went back to the town centre to find Acnologia laughing and trying to fend off little children without hurting them. Even the adults seemed to have losses up and relaxed a little. Giggling, I walked over to the said Blue's head. "Sorry kids. But we have to get going." I said. The second I did, the children started pouting their disappointment.

"Can't you just leave tomorrow so we can play a little more?" Greta suggested. Seeing she was among the kids playing melted my heart and I gave in. "Ok." I said. "Just as long as Blue agrees." Seeming to enjoy himself, Acnologia nodded his head and the children resumed their playing.

I giggled, not even seeing or sensing Grey coming behind me hugging me from behind. I tensed a little before relaxing.

~Grey's POV~

(Y/N) seemed to enjoy herself as we stood on the sidelines looking at the big ferocious dragon enjoying himself by playing with little kids. Her (H/L) (OH/C) flowed freely in the wind. Her (E/C) eyes sparkled with her giggles and smiles.

Coming up behind her, she didn't even seem to take notice of my presence until I hugged her. I felt her tense up and after a few seconds relaxed.

This would be a great time to tell her how I feel.

But what if she doesn't feel the same?

I would have to get over it. I thought to myself having an internal debate about what I should do. I have to tell her. I need to know.

"Um...... (Y/N)?" I said, gathering all my courage. She have a small hm to show that she was listening. Well, can't back out now.

"Listen. Please don't panic and and you don't have to answer me right away." by this stage, she seemed really confused but still kept on listening. Now I was sure I couldn't back out. "What is it Grey?" she asked.

OK. "(Y/N).... I.... I really like you. And not just as a friend." She looked up. She seemed surprised. Before I could say that she didn't have to answer now, she kissed me. It took a second to register what happened but then I started kissing back, deepening our kiss.

Sorry for the short chapter. I was really busy today. Hope you enjoy it though.