I Waited Too Long

Usui POV:

The night was silent as Usui looked up at the stars. He was taking the same path he always does. It passed the Maid Cafe and took this trail on the days he was unable to go their after school. He placed his hands in his pockets as a small breath escaped his lips. It was visible in the cool air as he lightly smiled. His feet stopped shuffling as he turned his head to the cafe doors. All the lights were out and he glared into the windows. He didn't see any of the girls cleaning and the bottom floor was dark. His eyes gazed over the top floor and he noticed that a single light shone above him. 

he brought his feet back as he looked at the womanly figure above him. It was Misaki, gazing into the stars. The kaichou's beauty radiated in the moonlight as her hand lightly touched the glass. She was the most beautiful painting he had ever seen. She eyes opened wider as her lips curled into a small smile.

Her simple figure leaned into the glass and her smile made her shine brighter than all the stars.  He found himself instead of gazing at her figure like the pervert he was posed as, he was smiling at her lips as a blush formed over him.

If only she knew how beautiful she was...

He blinked once as he kept his eyes closed and turned forward again as his pace began again. Something in his heart made him turn once more and her beauty... was gone.

His heart began to race. He had let his guard down. Was she in peril? Did she need him? Would everything be okay?  Would be in trouble if he broke in?

Something had pushed his feet forward as he ran to the back part of the building prying the door open. He needed to protect her no matter what. He was unsure if she was even in danger, but it was his sovereign duty to protect the one he loved.

He ran up the stairs and saw a man hit Misa in the head with the gun as her body feel into the ground. Everything was happening so fast. That man had a gun and hurt her.

A beast inside him awoke as he lunged forward trying to take the gun. The man had got a few lucky punches in and Usui was attempting to pin him. His breathing hardened as the man hit him one good time in the stomach and he fell back. His eyes closed and he heard nothingness. He stood up again to protect her, when suddenly. BAM 

The gun had gone off. Usui closed his eyes quickly unsure of what was to come...