New Arrival

Today the people on the bus were whispering in hushed voices while their eyes would dart in my direction every so often.

I growled in a commanding tone.

The voices ceased.  All at once, everyone looked to one spot.

I followed their stream of vision.

I understood the exchanging of words this morning. Someone was sitting in my seat.

I cocked my head to the side.

Looking at this stranger more closely, I realized I had never seen this face before.

I plopped next to him.

He scooted away and kept a stern watch to the scenery outside of the window. I proceeded to tap his shoulder.

"You're in my seat." I informed him.

He responded by turning his head. His melted snow eyes blinked slowly trying to take in what I had said or why I was talking to him.

"Your seat?" He looked around the seat. "I don't see a name on it."

I narrowed my eyes at him.

Smart ass, huh?

"Look, every part of you is screaming "new". You wouldn't want to start your first day with a black eye, would you?" I reasoned.

"I am giving you a chance to realize your mistake and tomorrow find a new location to sit your ass."

He looked doubtful.

"A girl is going to give me a black eye?" He sized me up. "You hardly have any fat, much less any muscle on you. I would like to see you try."

I gritted my teeth.

"Appearances aren't everything."

Idiot.

"What is your name?"

"Axel Rodriguez." He replied bravely.

"Got any friends, Axel?" I drawled out his name.

He frowned. "Not anymore." He stared ahead of us in thought.

I snickered. "So when I pummel you, no one will come to your rescue?" His eyes snapped to mine. I smiled at his confusion.

I gestured to the students in the bus intently listening.

"This spineless group definitely won't save you." I assured him.

They tried to disappear into their seats at my glare.

He gazed around for anyone to back him up before landing his eyes back on my own.

I expected to hear the plea for mercy or a cry for help, but that didn't happen.

He swallowed,straightened his back, and spoke.

"I don't need anyone to come save me. I can take you on my own."

I raised an eyebrow. "Wow, that is something new." I smirked, sarcasm lacing my voice.

"I'd watch my back if I were you, kid. Never know when someone might attack from behind." The bus jolted to a stop.

I shoved him into the glass pane. The sound of facial bones against the window was music to my ears.

  This will be quite interesting. I mused to myself.

----.----.----.----