Chapter 8

As always Vote, Comment and thank you for reading.

Chapter 8

Why is this so hard, I groan to myself for what feel's like the hundredth time. Andi continues to drone on, tell me the same information for at least the tenth time. It does help that she keeps changing her voice every time she start's over. I start thumping my head against my desk.

"Your going to get a bruise in the mild of your fore head if youkeep doing that." Andi remarks dryly in her own voice.

"I don't care." I grumble at her stubbornly.

"Really. 'her voice dripping electronic sarcasm.' You don't care if Theo see's you with a huge bruise on your forehead." My cheeks grow hot as I blush.

"That's a low blow Andi."

"I will do whatever I have to, to keep you from giving yourself a concussion Maddie." I growl at her in frustration.

"It's just so frustrating Andi. It was so easy to plan those first few net cast's, but now its just ' I throw my hands up in the air.' we can't find any thing new to broadcast."

"I know that Maddie, I'm the one doing the searching."

I can hear the annoyed exasperation in her voice. I have to remind myself that she's a A.I. and not a living breathing being every now and then. An that she is also my eyes and hands when it comes to getting information, an that she's just as invested in this as well.

"I know Andi and I'm sorry for taking it out on you. It's just I don't know where to go from here. Andi? How am I sorry we supposed to put on a net cast if we've no new hero news to report?"

I can feel the heat in my cheek's again. So I know my face is bright red right now. Tears of anger, frustration, and despair form in the corners of my eyes. What am I supposed to do now with my 'Grand statement'.

"Maddie when we started Defiance and you took on the name Beacon, was it simple only to report information or was it to do more?" Is it up Straight in my chair.

"No I didn't just want to report information. I wanted to inspire hope in others. Not just for those hero's still fighting but for everyone but how do we do that now that there's nothing new Andi that's the question."

"Playing inspirational music couldn't hurt." The metaphorical light bulb blaze to life in my head.

"Inspirational, that's it Andi you are a genius." I yell as I start to vibrate with energy in my seat.

"Well you know I try. 'She says in her ah shucks tone of voice.' now do you want to fill me in on this great idea."

"Well you've been saying it for awhile now. Inspire and what's just as inspiring as current deeds but past deeds." I'm bouncing in my chair.