Chapter 9

As always Vote, Comment and thank you for reading.

Chapter 9

It's been two weeks since we took the tinker's base. Two weeks without Athena making constant comments about my teacher's teaching style and lack of ability. It's been downright peaceful. The downside is I've shattered three glasses and bent a door knob all to hell. On the up side I've figured out how to control the extra strength I've gotten from the nanites. I've also had to be careful during my weight and fight training, so I don't give away my full ability.

I don't know if it's just me but there seems to be a unseen strain among our little group of friends. Both Owen and Maddie have become secretive as well as tired. The tired part is probably form staying up to listen to the Defiance net cast's but the secretive part hurts. Then again I'm one to talk considering what I'm getting ready to do. I think Abby can feel the strain as well but she also keeps looking at Owen consideringly, something happened between those two an I don't know what. I don't know Jim well enough to guess what he's thinking but I can see the wheels turning.

Another awkward lunch hour comes to an end and we split up to go to our classes. Out of nowhere I'm thrown into a wall. I slam shoulder first into the rough bricks that make up the wall. My head snaps to the side and the left side of my head clips the walls. I feel the area above my left eye scrape across the rough brick. I close my left eye wincing in pain.

Harsh grating laughter fills the hall. I turn and glare at the group of four. They have formed a semicircle around me, trapping me against the wall. The leader stands directly across from me.

" Well if it isn't our buddy Theodore. You think cause you're going to the weight room and got that dick Leon to do your fighting for you that you're safe?" Sneers Omar Robinson.

Just what I need is Omar and his... flunkies, minions, thugs I don't know what I should classify them as. I just know that they're a pain in my ass. Omar is everything Leon is not as a human being. The guy is a straight up bully and thug wannabe. Leon look's like he can run through a wall. Omar looks like a wall. He kinda looks like a square starting at his shoulders down to his feet. He has a gut but there is muscle underneath that fat. His facial features are broad and thick. He kinda looks between a caveman and a slug do to his cheeks, and he's sporting a mohawk.

Omar has a lot of issues. He was the big man for football until Leon's sophomore year. Leon took Omar's spotlight and after he got himself kicked off the football team for trying to injure Leon during practice. After that he went down hill. He's now a senior with no college prospects and is one step away from being expelled from school.

His cousin Jerome who's standing next to him is in my class. He's been a pain in me and Owens butt's since grade school. He's a head shorter then Omar and is gangly. He's like a goblin next to a troll and just to even things out the other two are orcs. So now that my D&D nightmare is complete let's get back to our regularly scheduled program.

"Now you're going to be a good white boy and take your beating and not tell anyone. You wouldn't want anyone to get the wrong idea, now would we."

What!? What the hell is he going on about getting the wrong idea. He want's me to stand here and let him beat me up cause I'm white? It's like something straight out of the civil rights movement era movie, where the cop says the same thing to a suspect an then beats him. That sort of thing pissed me off then and right now I don't know whether to laugh, cry, or scream at him.

My enhanced eyes catch sight of Omar's ham sized fist coming straight for my head. I turn to the side and use a hand to direct his fist away from me. Omar growls as his right fist slams into the brick behind me. He pulls back his hand. He shakes and flexes his hand as he glares at me.