3. Eric

"You are foolish, sister," I growled as I walked purposefully into the entrance hall.

"It was necessary," she replied as she dropped the unconscious man on the floor.

I looked down at him in disgust, nudging him with the toe of my boot. I looked back up at Aria with a clenched jaw, "You could've been hurt. I told you not to go after him."

"I'm fine, Eric," She looked back down at the man, not really wanting to meet my eyes, "And look, I successfully captured the rogue."

I couldn't decide whether I should be angry at her for doing something so brash and dangerous, or proud because she had brought him to us.

I huffed in frustration, running my fingers through my hair, "Look," I sighed, "What you did was dangerous and stupid. You were fortunate enough to not be hurt this time, but you might not be so lucky again," I locked my amber eyes with hers, making sure she listened to what I was saying, "Now, go speak to Uncle. He is not too pleased with you right now."

I stooped down next to the unconscious man and prodded him a bit. Grunting, I picked him up and slung him over my shoulder. I sent one more disappointed look towards my sister before bringing the rogue down to the dungeons.

I passed a few members of the clan as I made my way down the steps. I stopped and turned as Ava was about to pass me.

"Ava," I greeted. She smiled back at me, pointed canines glistening in the faint light.

"I see you've returned, Eric." Her eyes flicked to the man on my shoulder, her head tilting slightly in curiosity. "A good hunt, I presume?"

I shrugged and nodded a bit, adjusting my hold on the man. She smiled again.

"Would you mind fetching Silas for me? I'm going to need some assistance with this interrogation."

"Sure thing, Eric," she nodded. "Anything else you need?"

"Not at the moment," I sighed as I looked back up at the body.

She nodded and began to walk back up the stairs, promising to find Silas for me.

I turned back to walk down the stairs myself, not really wanting the rogue to wake on my shoulder.

Before I knew it, I was standing outside one of the cells. I threw the man inside before stepping in myself.

I moved swiftly, binding his wrists and ankles with a thick metal. Then I turned and walked out of the cell, grabbing a syringe from a bucket waiting just outside.

I turned back and pushed it into his skin. It was filled with a mixture of Holy Water and mortal blood. The combination would make him sluggish, and it would drain him of his strength. Though he would still be fully alert, this rogue would be unable to escape from his confines while the serum resided within his veins.

I unsheathed my sword and pointed it at the man while I waited for Silas. Whatever Aria did to him, it must have been pretty good for he had not regained consciousness yet.

"You summoned me?" Silas asked as he poked his head through the slightly ajar gate.
"Ah, yes, it seems my sister has captured the nuisance," I said as I opened the gate wider for him to slip through.

He stepped inside and unsheathed his own sword. "I take it he has not woken yet?" He turned to look at me.

"He has not," I raised my brow, once again wondering what my sister had done to him.

"Well," he sighed as he looked back at the crumpled heap on the floor, cracking his fingers and neck, "Shall we wake him up then?"

I grinned, "I'd say so."