Chapter Nineteen

"Every man as his secret sorrows which the world knows not; and often times we call a man cold when he is only sad."

-Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
_____________________________

Death

This has gone too far, once again she has gotten herself into another predicament, one I have to retrieve her from. If Meeksha was correct and the symbol we found on the door of Adeline's room does belong to Calio, she's in trouble. Serious trouble, what she did is binding magic using her blood to open a portal, which could mean anything, she can be bound to a place, or even person.

I've found this so called secret club, where I told the girl not to go, where demons and monsters go, out of every place on this earth and the next she decides to go to Calio's club.

That solarian white haired mongrel has only one goal in life, watch others around him fall apart, he gets off on people who succumb to who they really are and if he sets his soulless eyes on Adeline he will have all the joy in the damn world. She won't be able to control anything if he gets his hands on her, she will only see one thing and only want one thing, your life.

"Are you sure you saw them?" I forced my way through, interrogating the Rokin, a hairy creature with unpleasant features.

The small creature fidgets in my hands, terrified as I interrogate him, "They entered through here long ago, I only do my job, I let them in, they had the invitation."

I let go of the Rokin, he said he saw her and I have a funny feeling she's with Bast by the description he gave. A small looking girl with dark inky black hair and bangs, absurd clothing and yellow eyes, if it is her I will cut out her cat eyes and feed them to an actual cat.

It's a good thing he hasn't seen them leave, I don't wish to run all over this city to look for her but he also mentioned because no one was allowed to leave unless Calio allowed it. It brought back my early suspicions about her being bound, I was unfortunately correct. I however am excluded from this very sick rule.

I enter the loud club, searching the crowds for the face of my succubus.

The thick crowd is hard to see in as people bump and grind against each other to the loud bass music. This is going to be harder than I thought. I walk the outer circle of the mass of people, steering clear of the dance floor and the hungry eyes of demons. I pass the bar glancing as a man with four arms mixes drinks and hands them down the line. She isn't sitting down anywhere out here, meaning she's either inside one of the curtained rooms or on the dance floor somehow obscured by the many faces.

The music changes, becoming louder with a secret sound hidden inside, I laugh its a damn enchantment inside the song itself. These people don't even know what's going on here.

The lights change with the music above, going from light to dark and that's when I find her, her eyes stand out like a beacon as she locks eyes with an elf. He touches her neck, forcing her forward to meet his mouth, she let's them all touch her even the demons with horns and dark pitiless eyes.

What did he do to you?

I push through the bodies, ignoring the desperate hands that reach for me, I grab the collar of the elf. His glare quickly turns into a frightened expression as he registers who pushes him aside. "She's mine." I fling him away and break the fingers of others who dare touch her.

She doesn't seem to see me as I study her face, I groan as she turns in my arms grinding her backside along my front. I lean forward touching my lips to her ear.