Chapter 1

My world is different from yours,those books you read about vampires and werewolves,vampires and werewolves aren't fiction here. 100 years ago vampires and rogue wolves teamed up to eliminate the human population,going through one town at a time killing everyone insight. Several packs of werewolves thought this was wrong and retaliated against the rogues and the vampires causing a massive war many human and wolf lives were lost. The remaining of the eight wolf packs became royalty,the humans built eight castles across the United States to show their gratitude.A castle for each pack. A ninth castle was built this one bigger than the others.Royal Academy, a place for the children of the royals could learn and mingle without being in danger of the threats outside the castle. Humans that remained were put into six different groups.Emeralds,Rubies,Opals,Jades,Pearls,and Garnets. Emeralds being the highest class and Garnets being the lowest. Emeralds were business owners,factory owners,doctors and nurses. Rubies are managers of businesses and employees. Opals are hair and makeup stylists musicians and dancers.Jades are in the same line of business as opals except opals are higher class than them hired to very formal higher class events while jades are hired for lower class events making less money. Pearls are farmers,delivery men, teachers,and mechanics. Garnets are  maids,butlers,smaller farms,and other servants.

 Me and my family are  Garnets, mom before she had married dad had been a Ruby her father owned  a major clothing line they were traveling for business and stopped at a small diner for directions.Dad was delivering bread,corn,and tomatoes to the diner when she first saw him and immediately fell in love.They would meet secretly late at night on Saturdays eventually Dad proposed to her,of course she excepted but her parents didn't approve and she hasn't heard from them since.Julianne, her sister was kind enough to send a greeting card at Christmas along with a box of sweets every year.

"So did you sign up?"Anna asked me as  she picked the last of the corn handing it to me. I took it from her putting it in the basket and we made our way up the field to the house. 

"Sign up for what?" 

"The scholarship to Royal Academy."  Anna laughed then nudged me with her elbow. 

 I rolled my eyes they did this every couple of years letting us commoners sign up for a scholarship and 5 lucky winners were allowed to attend the school,they did this to remind us that the royals still cared about us by giving us a better scholarship.If you ask me it was just a set up to keep the royal lineage going because every year it was always five girls and every year at least 3 of the five girls end up getting married to a duke,and rarely a prince. "No,no I haven't and I can't sign up now because all the applications have been collected."  I announced giddily. Anna glared at me then squinted her eyes to look at me. 

"You need a new pair of contacts I can see the purple in the brown."

"What!!"I reached up touching just beneath my eye. "Dad just got these for me." 

Anne snickered. "Just kidding!" 

I huffed taking corn cob from the basket throwing it at her but that just made her laugh harder. "You know for a fourteen year old you are awfully mean."

"I only learn from the best." 

"Summer!" Mom called from the porch waving her arms frantically an envelope in her hand.  

 I quickened my pace walking over to her while laughing. "Mom if you wave your arms any faster you might start flying."  

She smacked me with envelope lightly letting out a small laugh before taking the basket of corn from me placing the envelope in my hand. "Mail came for you." she announced as she walked inside I followed after while looking down at the envelope. It was addressed to me from Royal Academy.