Epilouge

The sun shined lazily through the glass window. I yawned as I walked to the front of the shop and changed the sign from closed to open. Our regular customers would be arriving so for their early-morning pick up. Ren was in the back, making the first pastures of the day, and two of them were my breakfast. He had started giving me double ever since I started 'eating for two' as he put it.

I sighed and stared out the window at the already bustling streets of Feudra. It was a beautiful town, even now beautiful today because it was the yearly anniversary of Memortra's disappearance.

I won't lie, I thought about that day in woods a lot in the weeks that had followed, but had been years now since it happened, almost a decade in fact. I had grown into a strong woman. Ren and I were married happily in Feudra in our little bakery. I barely even remembered the day anymore. It was just another hazy bad day is a sea of bad days. It something else I had forgotten.

Ren appeared from the mother in the plate, holding a wooden plate with three steaming pastries. "Your order M'lady."

I rolled my eyes but took one of the sweets gratefully. He sat down on the other side of my table and munched on his happily. I won't lie, he was the best baker in this entire country, and the entirety of Feudra knew it.

"So I've been thinking." He started, finishing his pastry and taking a bite out of my second one. "We're going to have to start childproofing the house."

"Ren we have months, literally almost half the year before our baby's born." I laughed at him.

He shook his head. "I know, I know. I just figured the sooner the better right?"

I snorted. "We'll talk later, is your family still coming around today?"

"Oh yeah, my mom was freaking out in the last letter I sent her, you know when she found out she was a grandmother, that she demanded everyone visit straight away. They'll probably be here around noon."

I nodded. "We'll have to close up early."

Ren shrugged. "No matter, we'll be fine."

I say I barely remember the day in the woods. I really don't, but sometimes that feeling just tugs at me. A sliver of a memory I just can't get a hold of. I don't chase after it, I look back at Ren, now my husband, and we continue talking about the stuff we'll have to childproof.

Lucille visits us often, we consider her part of the family now, she's excited to meet her new grandkid, but we know none of us will ever forget Indivar. In fact I've considered, if our baby is a girl, naming her that. It's just and idea.

I'm happy. I'm bringing a child into the world that's thankfully less dangerous than the one I lived in as a teenager. My child will grow up friends with a unicorn. We've decided to leave out the part that Celeste is their grandmother, at least until their older. They're going to be sweet and kind, but also strong. My children are going to grow learning you don't need a unicorn to solve your biggest problems.

I'm happy indeed.

_________
THE END
_________