001|| long journey ||

"Alright Naoki-dono you'll be taking this carriage until the next country over, and once you arrive at the harbor you will board a ship that'll take you over to the country in which you meet your next carriage, and from there you will be taken to your destination. Understand?" Said the carriage handler, opening the door to the mode of transport Isabella will be taking. Isabella turns around for a bit to take in the scenery that she can no longer see. The tall palm trees. The noticeable ocean on the horizon. The blazing sun hitting the glass buildings in the distance, causing rays of light to bounce all over the place. Yeah she'll miss this beautiful Island, but its nowhere near where she really needs to be. This place that was once home, was now just a long vacation. Isabella turns back to face the carriage and stares at it for a second. Boy are these things ugly, she thought

"Naoki-dono?"

"Yeah, yeah. Understood" replied Isabella as she was getting into the carriage. She, for almost 5 years now, has been residing in the kingdom of Siegras under the name 'Naoki'. It is an island kingdom, neighboring a smaller country named Ruthel. Ruthel is too small to run itself so the kingdom of Siegras governs that country as well. Though it's not something thats too important, because our Isabella is about to embark on a pretty long journey to her new home. The kingdom of Clarines. As the carriage departs Isabella looks out of the window and sighs.

"One week till I get to Ruthel..." She places her finger on the window, overlooking the land that she's passing by and begins drawing an invisible line tracing the ground, trees, and sky. "Two weeks on the ship to Tanbarun...... one week from Tanbarun to Clarines..." she sighs again "Really, a whole month to get to a place.... how annoying." She sighs once more and lays her head on the window.

"We'll cross over the border to Ruthel 5 days, Naoki-dono, the second we do we'll stop by an inn as per your request." Rang a voice from outside the carriage.

"Mhm."

***

"Naoki-dono, are you sure you're alright with this inn? We just passed the border not 20 minutes ago. I know you wanted to stay at one once we've finally crossed it, but do you not want to wait till we find one closer to the harbor?"

"Listen carriage handler-san I-"

"All this time and you forgot my name already?!"

"Oi oi. I want to stay at this inn no matter what your name is, so its not important now. Its been 5 days already I can't wait anymore. I'll just board the ship the second we get to the harbor. Alright?" retorted Isabella. Could being stuck by herself for so long make her irritable? Well of course. It doesn't take much to get her mad at all. We've already paid for the room anyways meathead, she thought as she took her key from the carriage handler. Immediately after she starts to walk towards her room- oh? Actually, it seems like she's not on the way to her room. She passes by it swiftly and walks completely down the hallway, making a turn or two, and soon reaches another room. She knocks 7 times consecutively, and to absolutely no surprise to Isabella answers an old lady.

"I've made it, grams" says Isabella upon entering "did I make you guys wait long? How long have you guys been here? Do you need more money to stay tonight?"

"Oh child, that's just like you to be so worried about us. I may be old but I've got a lot of time left. Don't worry, we've got funds of our own-"

A small girl appears from behind the old lady and interrupts, "yeah we can't have you coddle us forever can we, Isabella?" A boy also appears though he says nothing, he simply stares at Isabella intently.

"Hey hey hey. You can't call me that now. Not until we're safe. How many times must I remind you to call me 'Naoki'?" She sighs. "Alright well anyways I believe in you guys. But please put faith into me too. I'm moving us all to a better place. A free place. I have to leave now, so I don't raise suspicion. But we've went over the plans countless times, so nothing should go wrong. If you have any questions slide them through the bottom of my room door. I'm in room #4. Remember our meeting spot tomorrow. I'm leaving for the harbor then, and it takes two days to get there from here. I doubt Plan A will work, but we'll try. If not we still have Plan B, and Plan C. One has to work. So then, goodbye see you tomorrow." Isabella explains. She goes to turn around and leave but the old lady doesn't seem to think that's all she has to say, and so she gently tugs on Isabella's sleeve.