viii. things he loves

His room was a calming shade of baby blue, some stuff on the floor, here and there. You sit down on his bed, stretching. The sheets were cleanly patterned like the ones you see on lopapeysas, black and white.

"So, let's see them."

And the Emil, he was just there staring at you, fear in his eyes as he snaps out with your words. Quivering, his voice had mixed feelings of anger, fear and embarrassment.

"Y-you can't just sit on a guy's bed like that!"

His cheeks burning redder by the second. You immediately stand up at this, muttering an apology as you look at his feet.

"Well, it's not like I'm doing anything bad."

"You think!? J-just sit there on the chair." He doesn't look you in the eye and just points to the one near his desk.

"Fine." You sit still. Why did he seem flustered? Perhaps he didn't like what you did. He opened his wardrobe and scoured to the bottom left. There was a pile of neatly folded clothes, no longer Emil's size.

"These are my clothes from last year." He hands you a lopapeysa, a puffin shirt and some pjs. He closes his wardrobe and leans on his desk. He brings out his phone and silence happens. He looks up to you who was just sitting down with clothes in your hands, a sigh of annoyance. You didn't know what to do next.

"Go change." He commands pointing to a door, must be the bathroom. You quickly make your way there not knowing what to say so you just nod your head and he nods back. You finally close the door, locking it.

You look at the mirror seeing your face all red. Look at you being all blushy! You weren't paying attention at all, serves you right. You quickly change into the clothes Emil gave you. His scent still lingering on them. It smelled like frosting, the licorice he eats, fish and peppermint. Emil seemed to get angry at you the deeper the night went. And you were getting on his nerves pretty damn well.

Holding the lopapeysa he gave, you look at it. It had (f/c) and black patterns on it, the stitching was very accurate and well-made. You decided to put it on later so you just tied it around your waist. You step out timidly greeting Emil who also changed himself.

"Thanks Emil. These are so comfy, I can sleep right here, right now" You exclaim as you plop down his bed, again. Big mistake, because he's now furious and scared. He grabs you by the shoulders and drags you up to meet him face-to-face.

"I've told you not to-" Boop! It's Matthias and he's at the door looking at you two while munching on a plate of cookies.

"Oh, look at you two~" He teases. Emil however, seemed scared and quickly gets his hands off of you.

"I-it's not what you think!" He bursts out, "She was the one who-"

"Pfft, yeah whatever. It's not like you'd do that to her" Matthias cuts him as he continues his trip to wherever he was headed to.

You glance at Emil who was on his knees, face in his hands. A pure look that screamed 'ughhhh'.

"Emil..." You trail off as you rub his back but he grabs you by the wrist and stops you.

"Now, he's angry." He stares at you in the eyes. The sparkle of mystery and gentleness you've seen earlier was nowhere to be seen but instead, a violet torpedo of nothingness swirling into the depths of a forming void. And you're stiff and scared about what might happen next.

"W-Why would he be?" You ask, your voice barely audible and shaking.

"Because he's your boyfriend! What else? Don't play dumb with me!" He shouts at you and this scares you even more. You close your eyes as you feel the fury in his voice and soon enough you were quietly sobbing, his grip still tight on your wrist.

Tears stream down your cheeks and he sees this. He finally lets you go and tries to apologize.

"I-I'm so so sorry. I didn't mean to." He explained as a newfound fear forms in him. What had he done? Why had he done that? It wasn't your fault that he was angry. That he felt like a failure. That he had lost to Matthias on you. He just wasn't good enough.

"B-but he's not!" You say between chokes as your crying grew more louder.

Tears wet your cheeks and you try to hold on, squeaking and mewling like a baby. Emil rubbed circles on your back trying to hush you down while apologizing. His other hand holding onto yours. He sincerely looks you in the eye.

"I'm sorry, (y/n). I'm sorry. Please stop crying."
"I shouldn't have assumed things." Shouldn't have shouted. Shouldn't have gotten angry. Shouldn't have let his emotions get to him.

Your arms found their way around Emil's torso, hugging him for dear life. Everything seemed to mix in your vision as colors splashed into each other while your eye sockets overflowed with water. And you cried and cried as Emil was holding you in his own arms, afraid to let you go as if when he would, you'll break into pieces.

It lasted for the next ten long minutes. Emil stared into nothing as you dampened his chest, thinking the whole thing through.

He smelled the same and this gave you comfort. The licorice he loves, peppermint, frosting and fish.

Then, you were only just hugging each other. Not sure who should let go first so you just look up at him. Your eyes were still red because of crying but again, both of you were drowning in each others' eyes. And there it is! His gentle and mysterious violet orbs focused on yours.

And suddenly he starts leaning in and you do too, slowly closing your eyes as he went closer and closer.

Finally, your lips touch and you seal a kiss. It all happened so fast that when you pulled away, a stunning, awkward silence dominated the room as Emil runs out of the room, completely flushed.

"Sorry."

You were left staring at the door he just walked past as you trail the lips he kissed with your fingertips. He left you a blushing mess.