10. Regionalism

Rudra nodded. She went to the kitchen. Rudra looked at the photo of Durga and Akshad, smiling.

Your advice is really helping me Sir.

Durga held out the cup. Rudra looked at her, shocked.

" Sir, what happened? Why did you zone out?" asked Durga, handing over the cup of coffee to him. Rudra shrugged and shook his head.

" Sir, I have a question." said Durga looking at Rudra, who was peacefully sipping the coffee. Rudra looked at her and raised his eyebrows.

" Did you know Appa? I mean was Appa your professor?"

Rudra coughed loudly. " What makes you think so?" asked in between his coughs.

" Well after Amma's death, Appa left his job as archaeologist and took up the job of teacher in Ancient History and Archaeology, Mysore University. I thought you might be knowing him."

Rudra sighed. " Yes Akshad Sir was my teacher."

And I was his best student.

" Oh! I see. But Sir why have you come here? Any problem?" asked Durga.

" Yes. I want you to join my office."

Durga stared at him with narrow eyes. " Why do you want to give me the job? After listening to my story, isn't it? You pity me don't you?"

Rudra placed the empty cup on the table in front of the sofa. He gestured Durga to sit. Durga sat down.

" No Durga. I am giving you this job because I liked your writing."

" Writing?" grinned Durga.

" Okay. I didn't read what you wrote but I really liked what you spoke."

Durga looked down on the floor, feeling nervous. Why the hell am I feeling so nervous?

" I am employing you for the test I had conducted. In which you have passed with flying colours."

Durga looked up with watery smile. Rudra wasn't sure but he felt she had tears in her eyes. Rudra got up to leave. Durga escorted him till the front door. Rudra remembered something and turned towards Durga. He directly looked into Durga's room, a picture hanging.

With a few long strides, he reached her room. She followed him and looked where his eyes were resting on. She covered her face with her palm and tried to peep through her fingers. Rudra looked at the picture and then at Durga. He chuckled loudly. Durga removed her palm from her face.

" Sir this is not at all funny." snapped Durga.

" Okay okay relax and tell who he is?" asked Rudra. He knew who it was but he wanted to tease Durga.

Durga was fidgeting with the end of her dupatta. If he wouldn't have been my boss I would have literally kicked him out of the house. He is a very pathetic actor. He knows who is on the picture.

" SirheisVijayPrakash." said Durga in a go.

" Woah! I didn't get a word Durga. Tell it properly." demanded Rudra with theatrical look.

Durga breathed out and said, " Sir. He. Is. Vijay. Prakash." stressing on each and every word. He does so much of over acting!

" I have seen people going mad for actors. You are mad for a singer?"

" No Sir I am not mad for him. I like his songs."

" You don't like any actors?"

" I haven't watched a single movie for past five years. Music soothed me till my divorce."