33. Her Confession and Trouble

Durga was on seventh heaven. She had her first cheque in her hand. Tears of joy had accumulated in her eyes adding twinkling effect to her almond shape eyes. Finally I am independent. In all terms.

Her joy was noticed by Rudra. He wanted to share her joy but after her sarcastic comment, he didn't feel like talking anything. She had been very sarcastic but he understood the underlying concern. He wanted to give her time.

Durga thanked him. "Thank you, Sir. You don't know what it means to me."

I know what is the value of first salary. It is sad that I cannot tell you how happy I am.

Rudra gave a small smile with a curt nod. Durga felt little strange.

He didn't say anything. He just gave a small smile.

You still don't know why.

No. I don't know...

After you spoke so rudely how can you expect him to express his emotions?

By Devi Shakti! What have I done.

Okay, relax. Tell what do you feel for him.

What now? In the office?

Don't look where you are now. Just tell him.

Durga felt her conscience was correct. He told me what he feels for me. He has all the rights to know what I feel for him.

Durga smiled. "Sir, I have few questions running in my mind."

Rudra was surprised yet he asked, "Okay, I will try to answer them."

She muttered, "Only you can answer them."

"I am sorry did you just say something?" Rudra asked.

She shook her head. "Who? Me? No, I didn't say anything. Why did you hear something?"

Rudra frowned and knitted his eyebrows. Pressing his lips into a thin line, he thought for few moments. "I think I was imagining things. Anyway, what were your questions?"

"Can you tell me why I always choose you over others every time?"

Rudra was astonished. "Huh?"

Durga smiled. "And can you tell me why I always dream about you?"

Rudra didn't understood what she was trying to tell. "What are you asking Durga?"

Durga ignored his question. "Why did you teach me to fight with my past?"