Part 5

Since that day, Haruka became my teacher in archery. I admit, I am not skilled with the bow. Gradually, my skills improved thanks to him...

Mao: (wakes up in the middle of the night; looks down to his left to check on Haruka and sees the bed empty) Huh? (sits up) He couldn't- (sees Haruka sitting in the corner near the window sleeping)

Haruka: (sound asleep as the moon gave light in the darkness)

Mao: Sigh... And here I thought you've wandered off somewhere... (gets out of bed and takes a blanket; uses it to cover Haruka to keep him warm) I learned a lot about the world you came from. However, I barely know anything about you...

Man: Your majesty? Is everything all right in there?

Mao: Huh? Ah, Yes. Everything is fine. "I didn't know an attendant is still awake."

Haruka: (wakes up) Mao! (pushes Mao down when daggers came flying into the room through the door)

Mao: What the- (drops of blood falls onto his right cheek; looks up to Haruka and sees that he got stabbed on the left shoulder with one of the daggers) Haru-

Haruka: (sits up and uses his powers to stop the man who was actually an assassin)

Man: (gets surrounded by Haruka's water dragon) It is true... A descendant of a dragon god does exist... Why don't you monsters just die!?

Gou: Your majesty! (rushes into Mao's room to help with the other soldiers) Arrest that man!

Haruka: (stops using his powers and releases the assassin)

Gou: (lets his men take the assassin away) Your majesty, are you all right?

Mao: I am. Haruka got hurt when he protected me.

Gou: I'll get lord Jin right away. (leaves to get the doctor)

Mao: Haruka... I'm sorry. I was careless...

Haruka: (wipes the blood on Mao's cheek) This is nothing... (looks relieved and sees the blanket on the corner where he fell asleep) Thank you for looking after me...

Mao: Huh? (follows what Haruka is looking at which is the blanket he used to cover Haruka) There's nothing you should thank about. What matters is to have your wound treated.

Haruka: What matters to me more is you're safe... (somehow smiles)

Mao: (surprised) "Did... Did Haruka just smile?..."

Mao: (inside the throne room) We got nothing?

Gou: Forgive me, your majesty. While we left the assassin in jail to prepare him for questioning, he committed suicide by biting off his own tongue.

Mao: (looks very disappointed) And I was hoping to find some answers from him...

Man: Why don't you monsters just die!?

Haruka: (resting inside Mao's room and his wound has received proper treatment; sitting near the window) I've been called worst... (looks at the garden) Maybe I am a monster...

Haruka: (in the archery area teaching Mao)

Mao: Is your shoulder okay? Doesn't it hurt anymore?

Haruka: (looks at Mao)

Mao: What? Is something on my face? (wipes his face with his sleeves)

Haruka: It's a little bit new to me... You never cared about me this much before.