11. in

H

Harry looked up when Louis stood and let his ears flop forward in question, green eyes following him as he made his way across the yard to disappear inside the house for a short while, returning seconds later with a blanket in hand.

"It's cold." He said in answer to Harry's gaze, smiling when the wolf huffed and lowered his head back down onto the dew dampened grass, legs stretching out. Louis plopped down beside the omega and settled a hand on his shoulder, tangling his fingers in his fur and leaning down to kiss in between his ears before throwing an ankle over Harry's paw and laying down. He threw the blanket over the both of them, making sure it covered most of the lad's body and resting against his side.

Harry closed his eyes as he let out a heavy sigh, licking Louis' face in apology when he kicked a leg against his side before sitting up and yawning, whining shortly. He yipped in surprise when Louis suddenly slammed into him and tackled him down, grinning triumphantly and scratching gently under his chin with a high whistle, laughing at the omega's grumble of discomfort. He began to shed his clothing, standing up and closing his eyes before suddenly there was a silver wolf with icy eyes nudging Harry's bony ribs with his nose, urging him to stand and licking over his muzzle in thanks.

The omega blinked in surprise before he took a few steps back and swallowed, fear and a small bit of panic filling his system as his wolf rose to the surface with terrifying ferocity, tearing at the corners of his mind just like'd it been a half hour before. The last time he'd encountered an alpha wolf, his alpha, he'd ended up bruised and bloodied and unable to walk for a couple of days as his body healed, never receiving an apology for the damage done physically and emotionally.

With a great surge of willpower and anger, his wolf finally took over and bared its teeth, releasing a snarl full of fear and warning, body twisting when the other stepped closer and regarded him with wary blue eyes. He snapped at him before he was turning and rushing into the woods, ears pinned to the back of his head and hackles raised as he weaved through the trees skidding in wet leaves and kicking up mud, sides heaving with heavy breaths.

The alpha was after him in seconds, paws thudding on the forest floor and muscles flexing with every movement, occasionally letting out a howl that rattled Harry's bones and just made him run faster. He could feel the panic building up in his chest and it made his breaths begin to labor, skin twitching every now and then with restless anxiety.

A few birds scattered out of a bush and Harry found himself yipping, startling to a stop so fast Louis slammed into his back and knocked him onto his side, a few bones cracking at the harsh impact. Enough pain through his body that he found himself shifting there in the middle of the forest, screaming against the dew dampened grass. His wolf retreated almost immediately with a faint whimper and before he knew it Louis was scampering to his side licking over his body, nudging his distorted ribs with his nose and resting his head on his belly as he laid down, wide blue eyes caught on his face.

He was gasping for a deep breath, writhing and clawing at the ground as another shout tore out of his throat and echoed through the trees, squeezing his eyes shut while his bones rearranged themselves and mended back together. Finally, after a few agonizing minutes Harry was able to relax and breathe properly, one hand fisted in Louis' fur to keep his body close so he could leech off of his warmth.

The alpha waited until he stopped wheezing before he was propping himself up and nudging at Harry's hand, rumbling so softly it was nearly a purr as he urged the shaking boy to shift, worry shining in his eyes. He let him lean against his side once he was standing on four paws again and lead him back home, stopping when Harry collapsed in the grass in his backyard and settled his muzzle on his paws, laying down next to him.

They curled into each other and remained like that throughout the rest of the afternoon, breathing and licking and being content.