Marie Antoinette, Serial Killer -- Behind the Scenes!

Hello! I mean, bonjour. I'm Katie Alender, author of the BAD GIRLS DON'T DIE series and MARIE ANTOINETTE, SERIAL KILLER, which comes out in ONE week from Scholastic! 

Writing "Marie" was different from any other book I've written, because much of the story is based on actual historical events and locations. I traveled to Paris for research (and chocolate, of course), and that gave me the chance to write in detail about some of the most fascinating, beautiful, and creepy places in the world.

I'm planning two different bits of content here at Wattpad to celebrate the book release and give my readers a chance to learn more about the book, the characters, the history, my inspiration, and Paris! 

The first you're reading right now: the behind-the-scenes. Here I'll post deleted scenes, research notes, travel notes, and all kinds of little backstage details about writing the book. You can also feel free to ask questions in the comments, and I'll post my answers as a Q&A!

The second is called "Marie Antoinette, Serial Killer: The Paris Journals", and it's going to feature short stories about many of the major and secondary characters in the book. Those will roll out once a week or so once the book has been published.

In the meantime, thanks -- I mean merci -- for joining me as I prepare for my newest book release! Tomorrow I'll post a little bit about the book and story, but in the meantime, feel free to check out the excerpt I've posted. 

Au revoir for now!