Prologue

"...I hereby announce that all my belongings, income, and the company shall be inherited to my daughter, Hasho Ritsuka." Said the person beside both the tombstones. He was reading the will of my dad, why do I feel so confused? Yes, this is a funeral. "...With the help of Harui-san I recommend... Then with the small company of Trishia supporting... The memorial built by..." And yes, I'm not paying attention to the will that my dad wrote which is nothing interesting, but empty words.

It was just another rainy day outside. Just another normal day. Who am I kidding? Men and women dressed in black, used their tears to pity me. Yet, I can't feel anything. Their eyes start to pierce through me with disbelief. Not a single tear was shed from me, they'll probably pop out of their coffins and then laugh their faces off because I believed they died. Even though everyone was dressed in black for respect of the dead, I dressed in red clothing that stood out from rest of the people. It's not because I want them to come back or anything. It's just... Mom loved the color red. Tall figures of blurry faces whispered and muttered, albeit I can hear them. "Did you know?" I started, which gained many people's attention, "That if you spread rumors in a funeral, you are basically disrespecting. So please, stay quiet." My smile was faint and not a glint of sadness nor grief was shown. I was just a normal fourteen-year-old with a slightly wealthy family. That's all. "Knock, knock..." I paused to wait for an answer from the coffin underground. "Come on, you're supposed to say, 'Who's there?'!"

The speaker called my name, "Hasho Ritsuka, please come to the office." It's probably nothing.

That time, it was in the middle of a home economics class. I foolishly thought the announcement was just something like being awarded of a scholarship or something like in the past.

I walked briskly to the main office where the announcement called me. "Excuse me, I'm Hasho Ritsuka." The door shut behind me with a slight click. The two ladies behind the reception desk looked at me with something I cannot describe.

"I'm terribly sorry for your loss." She said. The other woman looked like she was pitying me. "Your parents suicided by jumping off a skyscraper." Is this some kind of late April fools joke? Because it's not funny.

The sky cried it's tears for every family until it dried. The soapy mud on the ground made it uncomfortable to walk in. There's barely any grass nor light, it's just a gloomy sunset. Each tomb held a person, my eyes wandered to the many other graves that existed. Some had flowers, some were bare.

When it was my turn to make a speech in front of the crowd of people, which I'm the last person, I simply said, "I love you." Though, I believed that they were still alive, I cannot hide the truth from myself. So... at least let me believe and dream that they are here with me. I saw another group of people mourning. Though it looks as if only there were two people mourning along with multiple bodyguards and maids. The youngest one in there was a boy with crimson red hair along with his what seems like father on his right. The young boy bawled his eyes out, the rain making it less visible. The red puffy eyes are visible among the boy that anyone else. Maids wanted to shelter him with umbrellas, but he rejected them all. The crowd of people was kind of relieved that I'm gone and they started to leave, one by one. Each with a faceless facade.

Walk, skip, jump, hop. I cheerfully came over near the younger boy with his low sobs and bend down to his level which is not a lot though my Lolita dress got muddy and such. It seems like his father doesn't like my company. "If you're always sad, you won't ever grow up. Do you want to stay as a shorty? Hey, smile for whoever is in there." I wedged my very own umbrella towards him which he didn't reject. He looked up towards me with his reddish eyes puffy from crying. I plopped a lollipop with a metal handle in his mouth and left my umbrella with him. "Bye bye." I nonchalantly chanted while I took my leave. He pulled my sleeve and I turned to look. He was smiling, but was it for me? Or was it for his mother or whoever that was in that coffin? "When you wake up, you will find yourself in fake reality. So if you hold on to that lollipop, you just might find some comfort in that." He seems to question my statement. His father's laser eyes were still peering at the back of my head.