Chapter 1 - Part 4

Akashi-kun instead of answering me, hugged my waist. "You smell like my mother." If you count a kid hugging a fourteen-year-old and saying that they smell like their mother weird, then consider this. He looks so adorable like a lost lamb inside a pack of wolves. Who cares if this kid is really snuggly like Kuro and Shiro at home? There were no bodyguards around so he must have came here by himself. I handed him a strawberry flavored lollipop, which he gladly munched on.

"Well, that's good that if I smell like your mother. I guess? Oh, and my name is Hasho Ritsuka. It's nice to see you again." Akashi-kun licked on his lollipop like it was the most natural thing to do. More like a self question than asking him, I said, "Is he always so friendly to strangers?" I need to gain his trust, but then I don't want to either. I don't want to be anywhere related to this topic at all. Just him being here is awkward enough. A rich kid from the Akashi family, with no bodyguards, and defenseless. I think the world is going to end. Might as well enjoy the ten years I have. Because I will never betray anyone on my own will. "Do you play shogi*?" I asked him.

Shogi is such a wonderful chess game that bursts all your brain cells apart. That's why I love to play it. Well, in my case, I suck at playing shogi really hard. And let's see if Akashi-kun's skills at shogi is better than mine, which I doubt I would win. There's this one time, a beginner even beat me. And that was my dad. He said to do something worth something in my life like studying math. Who needs these math equations later in life, huh?!

Who am I kidding? Hasho Ritsuka, Sakurai High School's Shogi captain. Seriously, who am I kidding? Well... let's pretend I never said anything. I think I'm too evil for this little angel here. I giggled at myself due to my own thoughts.

Anyways, Akashi-kun seems to be very interested. Keeping him company is my job, I guess. "Hasho-san, I do play shogi with my mother. Do you?" I nodded and dragged him along to my secret hiding spot that I have never shown anyone before. The word 'mother' was still deep in my head, superglued to the membrane. When he hugged me, does Mom felt like me when I was little? I threw that thought into the abyss of my mind. Into the dark alleys, through the streets, and into the little building that was similar to others. Nothing too unique or special about this building other than the sign that was blank. It has nothing on it like it was intentional. "Where are we?" I opened the door like it was my own house.

It's been awhile since I've been here. The rug was once a brown one, but it's new with a new shade of green. A five year old kid skipped downstairs with another thirty-year-old male.

The boy tripped on the last step and I saved him by catching him before his nose touched the ground. "Welcome Ritsuka. Once again, we are always welcoming you here." That was Kata Tadashi talking, it seriously has been too long since I visited. Is that Jiro? Because he's grown about one inch or two taller.

"Daddy, who are these people?" Poor Jiro, he doesn't even remember me, yet I babysitter for him many times last summer. I was just doing something that other people do and realized that babysitting is complicated to do, but easy once you get to know the one you are babysitting. I pinched both Jiro's cheeks while I was still unconscious of what I was doing. Don't you just hate that moment when you just froze and don't know what you were doing? Then when you realize it has been done, it's done.

Jiro slapped my hands away which was a normal reaction. "Jiro, don't you remember that onee-san that comes over a lot last year?" He nodded. "That one who rolled you into a sushi with blankets?" Jiro nodded once again. "So..." Tadashi-san nudged him more.

Jiro suddenly exclaimed, "Wait!" He paused for a dramatic effect. "...I still don't know." Moments ticked by and I'm wondering if Akashi-kun is questioning Jiro's IQ.

"You son of an idiot! That was her!" By 'son of an idiot', I think the idiot was talking about himself. "Anyways, Ritsuka, who is this there?" He pointed his focus to Akashi-kun who is beside me with his shiny eyes filled with unicorns——okay, okay, that was just figuratively. He doesn't have unicorns in his eyes, nor does he poop rainbow... even though I wished he did.