Chapter Two

A/N- Wow, I've actually gotten to the second chapter :D Yay me! No, I am not London Tipton. Anyways, I do not own the original SP characters, Derek Landy does. I own my own characters, that I have created. Remember, this is a ff so not all things will be right. Okay? Okay. I'm done now. ENJOY :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Skulduggery Pleasant's POV* 

"Well, I should go. It's been a great time, sitting outside, waiting for our friends to finish." I said lamely. Truth is, I didn't want to go. I didn't want to leave her side ever again.  

"Don't leave! You can stay here! My bedrooms may be taken, but there's still the living room." Valkyrie replied, almost bashfully. I paused, thought about it, before taking my hat off.

"Alright. Let's turn it then." Valkyrie smiled at me, and hugged me. I was so unused to all this hugging and such, but now if feels good to have my arms around my Valkyrie. Woah. My Valkyrie? When did I start saying that? She let go of me, and led me back in the house. I took off my tie, shoes, jacket, and hat and set them on the ground next to the chair. I sat on the love seat, and decided I would sleep tonight so I activated my facade. 

"I'm shorter, let me take the love-seat. You can have the couch." Valkyrie offered, with an armful of blankets.

Valkyrie suddenly gasped slightly, before falling onto the ground. A gun-shot echoed soon after. The rest of the group came flying down the stairs. I picked up Valkyrie, and rushed to carry her out to the car. 

"Ghastly, drive. We need Kenspeckle. NOW."  I barked the order, taking off my white dress-shirt, bunching it up, and pressing it to the bullet wound on her chest, right below her collar-bone. Ghastly started the car, while Tanith grabbed her sword from the backseat running in the direction of the gun-shot sound. 

***

*Valkyrie's POV* 

I had just offered to sleep on the love-seat, when a hot pain pierced through my chest. It was rather painful, on a scale of paper-cut, to Serpine's red hand of death, it was definately compared to being tortured and agonised by that damn hand which I still have nightmares about to this day. Everything blacked out, and the last thing I remember was falling into Skulduggery's arms. 

***

I blinked open my eyes, all I could see was a really bright white light. 

"Val.... Vaal... Valkyrie!" My hearing was fuzzy, but I vaguely recognized the voice of Kenspeckle Grouse. I blinked several times, attempting to clear the blurriness of my eyes. I blinked once more, and the room came into focus. Skulduggery was dozing in a chair  beside my bed, and Kenspeckle was smiling softly at me, poking around at a white bandage covering my chest. 

"Welcome back to the world of the living Valkyrie Cain. You were shot by a rather large gun, and it pierced you through the chest. The bullet went through clean, so I just went ahead and healed you. This moron has waited here for the whole three days you were unconscious. Tanith Low managed to catch, and brutally murder your attacker. I think I've got it all covered. Oh, and here's your water." Kenspeckle informed me. Jeez this man knew me almost better than I knew myself. I nodded, kind of dazed and I took my water and sipped it. 

"Th-thank-you." I managed to croak out. 

"It's what I'm here for." Kenspeckle sighed prodding Skulduggery roughly with his cane. "Wake up. She's awake." Skulduggery stood up, and smiled down at me. Instead of speaking, he lifted me up into a hug and held me tight. 

"Ouch. Skul! My bullet hole." I complained, slightly shocked at this affectionate motion. 

"Right. Sorry. Welcome back." He said, looking down and dropping me. "I'll be right back. I need to erm... Make an important call."

"Don't go, you don't need to make a call. You were worried, and that's sweet." I teased affectionately. 

"Yes and that sweetness is worrying me. Are you feeling alright Mr. Pleasant?" Kenspeckle grouched, obviously thinking it was his fault for me being shot. Skulduggery just groaned in annoyance, and sat back down on the chair. 

*** 3 Hours Later***

I gave Kenspeckle a small embrace, before following after Skulduggery to the car. My cellphone rang. 

"Stephanie, sweetie, can Alison stay with you while your father and I go to France? Please? That is if you aren't too busy with school and work." My mother asked me. I sighed, and looked over to Skulduggery. 

"I'll ask my house-mates..." I replied. 

"Skul, My mother wants me to watch my sister." 

"When, and for how long?" He asked. 

"Mom, how long do you want me to watch her?" 

"Er... Saturday through wednesday." 

I mouthed what my mother had just told me to Skulduggery, and he sighed, then nodded. 

"I can, my house-mates don't mind." I said with a smile.

"Thank you so much darling!" I hung up, and looked at Skulduggery.

"We have to prepare a room for her." I told him, opening the passenger door, and sitting on the seat.  

***

*General POV* 

"Skulduggery, I'm thinking about making a room for my sister. Let's go out and buy stuff for it!" Valkrie Cain gushed. 

"Alright. Why don't we get to Gordon's--Err... Your place first, so you can clean up." He reasoned. Valkyrie nodded in agreement. 

"I'll make the room a pale pink, with a chocolate brown stripe running around the room, about a quarter of the way up the wall!"

"Sounds lovely."

"Alison will love it, she is after all, the exact opposite of me."  

"Why did I agree to this?" Skulduggery huffed. 

"Because you loooove me?" Valkyrie turned and studied his face. He had sharp features, with green eyes. He also had some light brown hair poking out from underneath his fedhora. She felt her cheeks heat up, after all, Skulduggery's facade was quite handsome. 

"Hah." Skulduggery snorted. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N I know it's a slow start, but I swear on the Faceless Ones' that it will get more interesting >.> Rate, Comment, Enjoy. :D