Lexa and Clarke Chapter 7

Lexa's pov

I can't believe she thought I would just get over it just like that. After what she said and did it might take me a little bit to get over it. I have the lacrosse game anyways. I rush over to the field and see the team getting ready and I quickly hurry and start leading them through our stretches.

We get into a huddle as the game is about to start and I prepare for a pep talk. "Alright girls. We are about to face Notre Dame here. This is a big game every year. We need to put up the biggest fight of our lives. Remember our practices. The coaches have been coaching us well and I think we can handle this. Now Grizzlies! This is our time! Our fight! And our destiny!" We start chanting Grizzlies then run to our positions on the field.

I take front defender and look over at the bleachers and I spot Clarke and freeze in place as the whistle blows for the game to start. I hear my name screamed on the field and I focus back in on the game as my old rival, Nia, charges me. And hit the ground and feel pain spread through my shoulder. I hold my shoulder and lay there in pain. I see my coach above me and he tries to help me up. Then suddenly Clarke is above me. I flinch from her touch but I hear her say she is in medical training. Next thing I know I'm on the bench with Clarke gently fixing my shoulder. "You can play again when I finish wrapping this injury up." She murmurs. Her face is so close to mine and she looks so cute with her concentrating face. I reach over and pull her lips to mine knowing I can't handle the urge to kiss her. I feel her kiss back for a bit before pulling away. "I thought this was done." She murmurs so quietly that I can hardly hear it. Her eyes are shining with hope and it makes me feel quilty. "It still is. I just couldn't resist because you look really cute when you concentrate." I say coldly. She sighs and gets back to work on my shoulder.

Sorry I am being a little patchy with the updates. I have been getting so busy that I have hardly had time to even read stories on here. Thanks again for the support my peeps. 😃