Rainbow Road [Slash]

A/N

Baha, I forgot I had this drabble. I remember writing this while I was failing on the Rainbow Road level for Mario Kart on my DS. Good times. I love looking back on old drabbles and making an O_o expression. Still, it's nice to have some fluff after all the depressing shit I write.

Rainbow Road

 “Alright boys, the name of the game is Mario-Kart.”Jesse stood at the far end of the room, holding up his cherished Gamecube—they have it for wii, his boyfriend insisted, why are you still using that dinosaur—it’d seen many hours of gaming, endured many hours of game-over induced rage. It was his baby; he stood by it, his little square baby. “The winner gets to dare the losers to do one highly incriminating dare. And they can’t back out.” His best friend Toby was here, looking skeptical. His brother John was here , looking very much determined to win. And, of course, his boyfriend Jaden, who definitely looked unsure about all this. “We do four different levels Luigi’s Raceway, Peach’s Castle, Bowser’s Castle, and Rainbow Road of everlasting shenanigans. Are you in?”

John answered for them, proclaiming ‘hell yeah’ while pumping his fist in the air with excitement.

The other two didn’t look so pumped. “How incriminating can the dare be? I refuse to do anything that involves me being naked in public.”

“Babe,” Jesse cooed while setting up the game system to his father’s coveted flat-screen—to ensure maximum gaming experience, he reminded all of them “ou act like you’ve already lost. Try having a bit of confidence.”

“Well, I’m sorry if I haven’t been holding onto a joystick since birth like you and John have. I think my fears are a bit more realistic than you lead on.”

“Yes, but a little positivity could do you some good. Now” Jesse gestured towards the couch which held the controllers. “Pick your weapon.” Unsurprisingly, Jaden was stuck with the pink controller—something their mother thought was cute—sitting on the far end of the couch, sulking slightly. They started off the game pretty normally, all four button mashing and jumping around trying to get into first place. Toby kept getting redshells and kept shooting them at John before he had the chance to drive across the speed boosters, causing him to spin out of control and miss the boost altogether. Meanwhile, Jesse was in first place.

That is, until Jaden launched a blueshell and blew him the fuck up.

Toby ended up winning the first round, jumping around in excitement, proclaiming his victory. Jaden wasn’t sure what Toby would have them do as a dare but he was fairly certain it’d be less crazy than whatever Jesse or John had in mind. At least that thought was comforting.

The next round they played Peach’s castle, each cursing at the twisty turns. Jaden was actually fairly skilled in drifting, holding down the R button to slide and still hold speed. He ended up gaining a golden mushroom and basically flying past everyone else, almost staring at the screen in wonder when it told him he won.

Well.

The third round, however, wasn’t as surprising. Jesse won. Everybody else kept falling into the lava and getting crushed by those constipated looking blocks. “Last round!” Toby exclaimed, watching as the screen counted down.

And what a round it was.

Rainbow Road had no barriers or much of a general direction. It was basically just a flat piece of rainbow full of speed boosts and the occasional loop. And if you were knocked over or shot with a shell, nine times out of ten you’d fall off and have to be brought back by that little deformed turtle with glasses. They were shooting each other left in right, jumping around and yelling all kinds of expletives. Every time they got mushrooms, they were afraid to use them because the twisty turns with high speed made it hard to maneuver without falling to your death. Eventually, it was round three and Jesse and John were neck and neck, getting close to the finish line. John was just ahead in first place, trying to leave behind bananas which the other dodged like a pro. Then, right at the last second, Toby shot out a blue shell. “Blue shell of death!” Jaden yelled.