Chapter 3- Fever

Another day has passed. It's been a week after my father contacted us. He's been working abroad for six straight years. He never forgets to send us pictures, money (of course), and other imported stuff. I often worry about him because the place he's currently working on is chaotic. Every time I ask about his condition, he always says he's fine. He'll endure everything for the sake of his family. He is the best man I have ever known and loved in my entire life. Well, I guess I'm a daddy's girl. But I just love my dad so much.

I hope someday, I'll marry a man like dad. I don't want to marry my dad, of course. I would like a guy that will accept me as I am and a guy who is willing to stay with me every time I feel so lonely. A special kind of love, something that gives meaning to the word "forever."

Every night I pray to God that he'll be healthy always and that his boss will not be too hard on him during work. Sometimes when we talk, he tells me how much he misses us and that he can't wait for the time that we'll be reunited again.

Aww. Okay, stop the drama. I usually act like this when I feel sick. And right now, I'm hot. Not just hot like being gorgeous, but also hot like I'm burning with a high fever.

But I have to go to school. Sigh. This time, and every time, I make sure and will make sure that I'll bring not just myself to school, but also my wallet, notebook, pen and paper. Luckily, I made in into school alive. I'm walking slowly as I reached the gate. Phew, I'm exhausted already. I want to go home. Tss. I paused and grabbed the steel bars from the gate. I look like a zombie right now. Sigh.

I walked towards the stairs and lazily climbed to reach the second floor. Good thing our room is not located on the fourth floor. Just a few more steps--

"Ow. Sorry." I bumped into someone but I wasn't able to see his face. My vision is getting blurry. On the second thought, I should've stayed at home. Well, there's no turning back now. I just have to pretend like I'm listening to the teachers and stare at them blankly, right? If my day is unlucky, they might call my attention. Haha.

"Good morning, Juliet!" Ranielle greeted me. I just smiled weakly. "Hey, are you okay?" she asked, worried. "Yes, I am. Don't worry. I just need to rest, that's all."

"What? You're stressed? What did you do last night? Ohh." She said. I did not do anything last night but sleep and think of my dad the whole night. I also listened to sad songs in my IPod. I know, it's weird to listen to sad music while having a bad day. But I think that the song is my life, and the lyrics tell my story. Hehe, cool.

"I did not do anything last night. I'm alright, Ranielle. Thank you for asking. Anyway, can you teach me Calculus later? We're going to have a quiz next week." I asked. "Oh, sure. That's fine by me. But if you're not feeling well, let's just study some other time. Ok?"

"Alright. Thanks." After that, our teacher in English entered the classroom. We discussed subject-verb agreement. It was easy. Geeeez. As time goes by, I'm getting weaker and weaker. I just hope I won't collapse. Should I just go to the clinic? Nah, I can still handle it. After all, I've been through a lot already. And I'm not going to be a weakling. I'm stronger. Heh.

During lunch, I did not eat anything because I felt lazy standing up and grabbing my food. I just slept the whole time. As I make my way back to the classroom for the next subject, I felt my bladder about to burst. I hurried to the bathroom and had a pee. Aish! So much energy was wasted in going hastily there. And I can really feel the dizziness. That's it, I'm going to the clinic.

Okay. Just a few more steps. I'm almost there. Urgh. I can see the clinic. I just have to walk more until I reach it. Oh, man. I'm tired. But, wait! No, not now. I just have to get in the clinic, lie down to bed and have a good rest. It's getting closer. I'm almost there until I bumped into someone. Sigh. Dizzy, dizzy.