Chapter 7- Literary Allusion

Hooray! Today is the Literary Allusion. It’s so fun, even though it rained quite a bit, and there were some failures in the event. I had fun. I brought my camera in order to take pictures. We went early at school, at around 5 in the morning in order to get ready for the event. Our adviser, Mr. Oliver taught us some stuff on how to represent ourselves when it’s our turn for the mini-play of our Pocahontas. He is such a cool teacher, I assure you. He knows how to ride students’ jokes. He is very funny, too. He teaches Filipino, by the way.

As usual, Mr. Sleepyhead arrived late. But wow, he sure looks totally hot. His hair is wet and messy, and he’s wearing a plain white V-neck shirt. His eyes totally say he still wants some more sleep. I was slightly looking at him because someone’s putting on my make- up. This is what I hate about events, make- up. After my hair and make- up is done, I went to the dressing room to change to my French costume. As I reached the door, a six- pack abs approached me.

OMG I’m drooling and my eyes are totally sparkling! “Hey, I’m gonna melt. Heh,” the abs said. After a few more seconds, I got back to my senses. Okay, Mr. Sleepyhead has such a nice body build. Woahh, the abs! It’s my number one weakness! Uwahh and my mind is blank- just kidding; my mind says more abs. I rushed to the dressing room before I do anything horrible to that abs. Phew. It’s so early in the morning yet I feel so hot. Phew. I dressed up and went outside. And then again, my eyes sparkled to the Adonis standing on the side, looking at some books.

I forgot to mention, our section is staying in a library right now. Also, Romeo is portraying an Indian man, who is topless. ZOMGWTFBBQ HE IS TOPLESS, AND WILL BE TOPLESS. I hope I will not drool during the parade.

After an hour of preparation, we proceeded with the parade. Good thing I’m in front of Mr. Sleepyhead, I won’t drool over his abs. Argh, my weakness, huhu. The Indian men continued to shout like monkeys during the parade that made everybody watching laugh. Haha, they are so unruly, yet so cool at the same time.

It rained a bit; good thing I always carry an umbrella, and it matched my costume. LOL. And the Indian boys? It’s fine with them to get soaked. It will add to their coolness, especially Romeo’s.

When we returned to the school grounds, I started taking pictures. There were two pictures of Romeo and I. “As badly I want to have a picture of only me and your abs, I’d rather be polite enough to include your face in these pictures.” I teased.

“Come on, Juliet. I’m a total package. I’ve got the looks and the body. Why not include my face? *Smirk*” Oh my, that smirk, that body. He is so right. Sigh. I just rolled my eyes in order to hide my desire for that abs. LOL. Is it abs day today? There should be a holiday like that and all girls will swim in bodies full of abs. LOL .

During the closing program, our section stayed inside the library and ate lunch. We were kinda hungry preparing and all. But when somebody texted one of our classmates and said that we grabbed the second place, everyone rushed to the stage and shouted, of course. Haha. We never expected to win, actually. But at least, our hard work totally paid off. We are so happy. We jumped and ran back to the library and, shouted more. Haha. Shout until our lungs shrink.

“Congratulations, we won! Hooray!” I offered a high five to whomever person I see; of course, they are classmates of mine and not others. I was so overwhelmed that I kept my hand in the air and I looked like a first lady walking on a red carpet and waving at everyone. Smile and wave, Juliet. Smile and wave.

I looked so retarded, until someone clapped hands with me and, grabbed my hand? Still keeping my hand in his, he led me back to the library and placed me in front of a cup noodle. I suddenly sneezed, so embarrassing LOL. “I knew you’ll get cold. You can have the noodles. I’m full already.” Romeo said. Aww, he is such a gentleman.

I really don’t understand- my heart is, what? What the heck? Do I really have a heart attack? Here we go again with that rare feeling. Who’s this rare pokemon? LOL. Kidding aside, I did not mind my stupid heart or whatever it’s feeling- I’m starving. After eating, we just talked about nonsense stuff. You know him, he’s retarded. I’m retarded, we’re retarded. Everybody is happy! LOL.

After a week, the school Intramurals started. It’s like a sports event when we get to join a sport we like. I chose badminton because it is my passion. I’ve been playing it since fourth grade. This year, I’m participating in the badminton girls- doubles. I don’t know why I didn’t join singles. Maybe it’s because, it’s easier to catch the shuttlecock with two people chasing it? Haha.

Romeo’s event is cheerdancing. He’s been joining it since first year. Sigh. Romeo, he’s been acting strange lately. He’s not a bad guy; rather, he’s like a boyfriend material. He’s such a good catch- handsome, smart, and a gentleman. He’s funny, too. There is this one time when we were watching a soap opera in a television at the canteen. He kept on getting pissed off at a young girl because she is so stupid enough to get left behind in a burning building just to save her teddy bear. Romeo is like, “The heck?! Teddy bear’s got no life; he’ll just burn there. Burn! But the girl, argh, the girl is so stupid. She’ll be the one to die there just to save a stupid material. Sigh, this is so frustrating. Next channel, please!” LOL. His reactions are priceless. Haha.

There was this one time when he asked me something:

“Hey, ask me where we are.”

“Okay. Where are we?”

“In Mexico.”

“What is there in Mexico?” I asked, confused.

“Mexicans.”

AHAHA! I held my stomach because I felt that it was about to explode because I burst out in laughter. LOL. He is such a funny guy. LOL Haha.

Anyway, today is the Cheerdance event. And Romeo is there; he told me to watch. Sigh, what am I, his girlfriend? LOL. Stop dreaming, Juliet. When their performance was about to start, we caught each other’s eyes and I gave him a thumbs up. I am such a supportive girlfriend. Kidding aside, I saw their routine.

It was so clean, there may not be tosses because it was not allowed in the rules, but it was still amazing. Their dance moves are well coordinated and synchronized. It is so cool especially when you look at the top view, they are all together perfectly. And their stunts are very amazing. Wow, just, wow. Their jumps are in unison. And when there is a sequence, it totally shows. What a jaw- dropping performance. No wonder they became the champion. Heh. I’m so proud of my batch mates. LOL.

After the event, Mr. Sleepyhead came running towards me. He immediately lifted me in his arms and we swayed, laughing. “Haha! Hey, congratulations. You don’t need to lift me. Wow, your performance is incredible! I wanna join the cheerdance next year.” I giggled. I actually joined on second year but because of the lack of training and choreographer, we got the last place. LOL.

He finally placed my feet back on the ground. He smiled at me. Wow, his smile is so, radiant. It’s melting me. We looked each other in the eyes. Woah, we really look like a couple right now. Argh, this heart of mine, not again! I think I need a doctor.

After a few minutes of silence, we snapped out to reality and looked at opposite directions. One word- awkward. To break the silence, he started treating me to an ice cream parlor and I ate banana split. Weeee, I super love sweets. Hihi.

After eating, he walked me home. Sigh, he is so weird lately. And I guess I am totally feeling weird like hell as well. Sigh, this heart of mine.