chapter 10

VOTE NOW!!!

********************************************************************

I decided to take a shower and change for bed. My mind was wavering on weather I should go and eat something or starve for the night. however on cue, stomach grumbled loudly. to the kitchen! I was almost at the foot of the stairs when I noticed Alex's room door was slightly ajar. My fingers were itching to push it further open. In the end curiosity got the better of me.

Alex's room had no character to it. it was painted white the covers were grey. there was nothing personal. It was as if he's just move in and the room still hadn't yet become his...  and it was a bit odd that one person should have two rather large wardrobes. Alex didn't seem to be the type to go shopping every weekend and buy loads of stuff. I stepped in and walked over to the closet situated at the far left side of the room. There was a small creek as I opened it. for a second I just stood there. this cant be Alex's, a closet full of women’s clothing.... is Alex a secret trans- stop it! gosh silly Lilly... there were a bunch of boxes, I crouched down and opened one of them. Inside held some letters, and a framed photo. I stood up and looked closely at the picture of a young woman sitting on a park bench with a book looking slightly surprised. She  stared at me with loving brown eyes. She was also heavily pregnant. Could the person taking the picture be Alex? Why else would he have all her things in his room? Where is she? The hairs at the back of my neck stood up, the way they always did when I felt someone watching me.

“Lilly what are you doing?”

I span around quickly to see Alex standing right behind me! To my dismay I lost grip of the photo and it slid from my grasp. I winced as the glass frame hit the floor and smashed into peace.

 I reached down to pick it up but Alex pulled my arm away. “Leave it. You'll cut yourself.”  I looked up at Alex. “I'm sorry, I didn't mean-

“Please... just go.” He looked at me as if I was an annoying fly that wouldn't go away.

“fine.” I stepped past him and made my way out the door. As I left I looked back at Alex. He stood statue like looking down at the broken glass, at the picture of the woman with the loving brown eyes.                                     

                                                                  Chapter 10

As I stood in the kitchen inspecting the contents of Alex's fridge I felt more scared than hungry. What if he gets angry and starts shouting at me for snooping in his room? What if... What if he tells mum that I've been giving him a hard time and turning up to his classes late?

In the end I took can of Caribbean kola  and made myself a grilled cheese sandwich. I went to eat in the living room. It was tidy like he said it would be, everything was put away in its rightful place. I sat down on a plump brown leather couch, and pointed the remote control to that plasma TV. I ate and watched TV for a about half an hour before I heard the footsteps of Alex coming down the stairs. Each step pounding in time with the beat of my heart. He came into the living room with a stack of papers. He had changed into dark blue jeans, a big white grandpa jumper,  and he wore small round silver spectacles framing his ridiculously handsome face.  He sat down at a small desk, it faced the window overlooking the back garden. My eyes  were completely transfixed to the the back of his head.

I clicked the TV on mute. I should try to apologise. The sudden quiet was defining the only sound was now came from Alex's marking.

  “I'm sorry.” the quiet words seemed to echo in against the walls. Alex stopped writing, but still he kept his back to me. “For what?” his said casually.

“For braking and entering.... I don't know what came over me.”

“Don’t worry about it.” he started writing, as if we were finished. There still so much I wanted to ask. But...it none of my business. “Okay. If you're sure...I promise-

“just forget it Lilly, trust me, its-

Alex was interrupted by the ringing of my mobile. I quickly took it out of my trouser pocket and answered it.

“Hello?”

“Hey Lilly its Tommy! Remember me?” he asked cheerfully. At this moment I didn't feel much like talking. I wanted to hear what Alex was about to say...

“Oh...Yes of course....” I answered flatly

“Remember our Date tomorrow evening, Right?”

“I remember.”

“You do still want to go out with me don't you?” I heard the disappointment in his voice. Of course I wouldn't say no to him. Although I'm really not sure where this sudden interest is coming from...

“Of course I'm still going on a date with you Tommy! I just feel a bit... you know.”

“Oh. There's no need to be shy. I don’t bite!....well...not on the first date.” he laughed.

“I feel allot safer knowing that your a vampire with standards. Your not a slot...but neither am I thomas!

Tommy laughed “We have so much in common Lilly! both exstreamly good looking, both exreamly unslutty  I know our relationship will belong-lived!- oh yeah why were you in the same car with Mr- what's his face- the That fucking English- what's his name?  Mr O'Neal.. something like that”

I laughed. “Bye Thomas, see you Tomorrow night.”

“Tommy!”

“Tommy...”

I hung up the phone... I still had a smile on my face. My I eyes lingered over to Alex and I was met with accusing eyes.

“Does your mother know about this “date” with the moron?”

“What? no...Tommy is not a moron!”

“Have you heard the way him and his friends talk about girls.” he got up out of his chair, and strode over to where I sat and stood in front of me menacingly. “No step sister of mine will go on anywhere be with dicks like Tommy Glover!”

“But I'm not your step sister!”

“Well not yet! But lets just get use to the idea shall we. He's a stupid prick."

“and your not!” I jumped up out out of the chair. And stood angrily in front of him. My head held high. Alex looked down at me smiling arrogantly. “No...I'd know better not to try it on with someone as Innocent as you. Even at 16, and boys Like Tommy are only interested in one thing...”

“You've only been at the school for what five minutes! You know nothing” I added defensively. 

“I'm good judge of character.”

I smiled harshly. “I beg to differ! Was it not you that thought me and my mum was only interested in your dads money?”

“Well that wasn't my initial thought....however point taken... But I know what I'm talking about”

Alex stepped back and walked back to his chair, sat down and continued marking homework. "I'm going to Bed. sleep well." I left the room  quickly before he had a chance to say something rude. A migrane was comming on, and hopes of sleeping was diteriating. Damn it! I knew he'd drive me up the wall.... well I probably annoyed when I went snooping...

My migrane only got worse. I would ask Alex if he had any painkillers but mum never really approved of the stuff, and she often made her own herbal remidies that weirdly worked! maybe if i got some fresh air...

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Authers note: ok i'm in the library and my times about to to finish so i'm just gonna publish this before it cuts off.... sorry if there's crap grammer and sorry it took a million years  to upload and i  cant believe people kept on fanning!!.... but come on people.....vote! vote if you want the next chapter!!!!!!!!!!!! and it will be a quicker upload. anyway keep supporting "say you love me" cos it means alot