C H A P T E R 1 9_

I sit with Darcy, Wanda, and Pietro outside after the sun sets, on a blanket, talking as Darcy and I lighten the mood with random word games and fun conversations that matter to no extent.

Darcy and Pietro sit beside each other (very close with her head almost touching his chest) facing Wanda and I.

We also may have gotten into Stark's stash of alcohol...

"So like I was reading this article about Cool Whip and apparently they came up with over ten thousand names for it," I say as I eat out of a bag of chips. "Like what? How could you come up with ten thousand? Like try to think of ten of them. Just try."

They frown and look up in thought.

"Uh White Trash," Pietro starts.

"Puff the Fluff," Darcy adds.

"Whipped Fluff?" Wanda thinks.

"Creamy Whip," I say before I shove more chips in my mouth.

"Fluffy Amazing White Stuff That Should Be Illegal," Darcy says.

"Sugar Shit," Pietro says.

"Dreamy Cream," I add.

"Put This Shit on Food," Wanda says.

"Amazing Creamy Deliciousness," Darcy says.

"Sugary Cow Garbage," Pietro says.

"You're horrible at this," Darcy insults.

"That was supposed to be obvious," he replies.

"Well it still stinks. How about 'Heaven in a Can'?"

"Does it come in a can?" Wanda asks.

"More like a... tub," I correct.

"Well yeah but 'Heaven in a Tub' sounds like some kind of porn film," Darcy says.

Pietro cracks up hard when she says that and bends forward. Wanda is doing the same and I am laughing now too, trying not to choke on the chips in my mouth.

After about two minutes Darcy manages to stop enough to ask, "How many was that?"

I hold my stomach and then count with my fingers. "Umm... Nine, I think."

"Eleven..." Wanda says.

"Hey then we did it!" Darcy says. "Mine were the best..." she looks at Pietro.

He stretches the corner of his lips to say 'debatable'.

We finished off Tony's flask; passing it around before this conversation took place... We may be a little bit... loose in the head. But I don't see anything wrong with drinking a little to try and find a bit of joy here at the end of the freaking world. I mean really. We deserve some laughs.

I shove another chip in my mouth and ask while chewing, "Hey Darcy? What's the weirdest relationship you've ever been in?"

She thinks for a moment, looking up. "Oh that's easy. Okay." She sits Indian style. "So there was this one guy at our school who sold concert tickets and we didn't have cash so my friends made me hook up with him to get them for free."

"So what was the weird part?" Wanda asks.

"When I found out he had three nipples and kissed like a six tongued puffer fish."