2

Even though she was stuck at the Weasleys' and would never forgive herself or her Dad if they were hurt, not a day passed that her Mum wasn't on her mind. She did not discuss her with Ginny, Mr or Mrs Weasley, Ron, or Fred and George when they weren't working, or to her Dad when he was actually around. She simply waited for the day that Ron, Fred, George and few others would go and collect Harry. 

She begged and begged and begged to go alongside them, but she was constantly reminded that she was still underage and Harry's damned sister. Mrs Weasley evidently pitied her and would not stop offering to fatten her up with treats, causing Ron to look between the two with jealousy, as though trying to silently state that he should be pitied too. 

It was at dinner the next evening that her Dad had showed up along with a few other members of the Order - Remus Lupin and his newly wedded wife, even though she probably wouldn't stop being called Tonks. As they ate their pie and mashed potato, they were on the subject of Emma's appearance. 

"It was a close call when they caught Chelsea," her Dad said, for what felt like the millionth time over the two weeks that she was there. "Had she not been a good Occlumens, Emma's chair probably would have been empty."

Emma shuddered, but did not comment on her Dad's blunt statement.

"I suggest eye contacts," said Ginny, causing Emma to look over at her. "I mean, same hair, same eye colour. One should be different, and changing her hair colour would be too obvious. I've talked about it with Hermione, she said they're these things that you stick into your eye, and you can choose any colour. I would say brown, but that'd probably be obvious as well."

Mr Weasley suddenly beamed at the Muggle talk but before he got the chance to say anything, Ron beat him to it. 

"Maybe dark blue. She can wear brown to the wedding though," he said with his mouth full of food. 

"And dark blue every other day?" Emma raised her eyebrow. 

"I mean really dark blue," Ron spoke against his fork. 

"Couldn't she just stay the same - I mean, nobody has it figured out yet," argued Mrs Weasley. 

"Then what do you suspect the reason behind Chelsea's death was?" said Mr Baranov in a very sharp voice, clearly offended by what Mrs Weasley had said. "Because I do believe -"

"Can't we just focus on Harry for now?" Emma said over her Dad, after sharing a very annoyed glance with Ginny, who was sitting quietly across from her. "He'll be here in a week."

Everything fell quiet, the only sound being of those using their utensils to eat their dinner. Emma wondered where Fred and George were, since they decided to close their joke shop a lot earlier during the evenings and often stayed at the Burrow. After speaking quietly with Tonks about her wedding ring, Mrs Weasley turned to Mr Baranov.

"Samson, I do apologise, I didn't mean to put any dirt on -"

"That's all right, Molly," he waved her off. "Still very touchy on the subject."

"Hermione's coming tomorrow," Ron said, finally looking up from his empty plate, as though not hearing any of what had been said. Everyone looked at him. "Yep...just thought you should all know..."

"Ron, you've been counting down the days and reminding us," Ginny rolled her eyes, causing her brother to go red and quickly dispose of his dish in the sink. 

Emma hated everyone having to worry about her; she knew she'd be OK. She managed to last through her sixth-year, and no one had said a thing or indicated anything. She, of course, would never forget that Bellatrix Lestrange had known about her - because of Sabrina - which therefore meant that Voldemort was definitely on the lookout. It was selfish of her to have been calm about it, knowing he was only really after Harry, knowing he was more determined to finish Harry off rather than his own sister...she knew that...but she couldn't help it. Harry had been in danger all his life, and Emma had only just begun to experience what that was like. 

Hermione's arrival the next day only reminded Emma that they were nearing the date as to when they would fetch Harry from his aunt and uncle's. She often overheard the Order, Ron and Hermione speaking about something that Dumbledore had apparently left for Harry to finish off for him, and that Ron, Hermione and Harry could not let anyone know what it was. Harry and Ron would not be returning to Hogwarts, and Hermione had no choice but not to return. 

"Can't you just tell me?" Emma said when she and Hermione were alone in the kitchen one afternoon. Hermione looked guiltily at Emma before shaking her head and apologising. "Oh, come on, he is my brother after all! I think I have the right to know what he's up to. Maybe I can help."

"Sorry, Emma," she apologised again. "Ron and I did ask him about you, but he said that you're the last person he wants to figure it out."

Emma wanted to argue, but knew she would not get anywhere, so she nodded in defeat. It made sense that Ron and Hermione were the only people Harry would have wanted to help, over his sister anyway. She couldn't help but feel envious of the relationship between Harry and the two; they would always be more of siblings to him than she was. And it wasn't even her fault. 

"Now I feel bad," Hermione breathed, pressing a palm to her forehead. "You're right. You're his sister and you should know."

Emma beamed. "Yes, yes I should. So...?"

"But, I can't. I'm sorry," Hermione said hastily, walking towards the living room. "I'm going to leave before I completely go against Harry's word and change my mind."

Maybe I should follow her around until she changes her mind, Emma thought jokingly to herself. 

Her dad wasn't around much for the next few days, claiming that he was looking for the Death Eaters who had murdered his wife. No matter how much Emma begged him to stay, or begged him to tell her who they were, he would not give in. Her stomach dropped every time he left the protection of the Burrow, and would be missing for hours. All she could think about was the possibility of losing the last parent she had. 

___

A/N: I'm kind of a very stupid person, people lol...I remember seeing so many fanfics with an authors note saying something like "Sorry I haven't updated in like 12 years, but I've had bad writers block" and I'd be there thinking, OK, writers block must be where they take writing lessons or something...only to figure out, thanks to Yahoo, that writers block meant that the author couldn't come up with anything creative >.< god...I really hope I wasn't the only one who thought Writers Block was a building where people took writing lessons.