Protologue

This will be the first story I have ever written on Wattpad. Ignore any mispelling and puctutation errors. The art isn't mine, it's from Pastayaoifantasy on deviantart.

Well, here goes nothing...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zane opened his eyes to complete darkness.

A blurred figure appeared a few yards in front of him, slowly coming into focus. He stayed his distance from Zane, knowing that coming any closer would result in him dissolving back into--well, whatever he was. This was not the first time Zane had seen him, and every time he had, it had ended in the other trying to kill him.

The figure wore unfamiliar clothes; one could go as far to say that they were a cosplay of some anime character. He wore elegant navy blue robes with black cross on the front of his white dress shirt, and black pants with shiny shoes. A gray cape with a black cross was attached to his shoulders, and black gloves covered his hands.

  He looked like he was trying to cover up every inch of his skin that he possibly could. The only part of him that was showing, was a single blue eye, as well as the skin around it. He wore his dark hair over his other eye, and his mouth and part of his nose were covered by a mask that was the same blue and white as his robes.

  The person Zane saw before him...was himself. He looked exactly like him, talked like him, had the same voice, the same laugh... And this terrified Zane.

"Well, well, well... Hello again." spoke the other Zane. He laughed softly, looking off to the side. "You should see them, running around, tearing up villages, searching desperately for any sign of a relic. So pathetic how they bend to every will of their precious King. But, I have to admit, their loyalty to him is impressive. I often wonder how he did it."

Zane stood still, his eye opened wide. He shivered. Zane #2 looked at him, staring him straight in the eye. Then he smirked.

"What? You shouldn't be so surprised to see me again. After all, I have been with you all along. Always whispering in the back of your head. I couldn't count how many times I influenced your mind on both of my hands."

A million thoughts raced through Zane's head. Most were questions like What?! How?! but when Zane opened his mouth to ask them, he found he couldn't. His tongue felt like sandpaper, his throat more parched than it had ever been in his life, and his lips were dry and chapped. So, he stood there, and tried not to look scared.

"Look at you, afraid of yourself! Heh," Zane #2 took a carful step towards him. Then he let out an insane laugh. "Every day, I get I little bit stronger, a little bit closer towards my goal." Zane looked him in the eye, and held back a scream.

He saw towns being burned down, families still stuck inside their homes, while men dressed in sliver armor and helmets set fire to the trees around them. Men and women with cold iron swords pressed through their chests, and people fleeing from the roaring flames, only to run into more guards with murder in their eyes. He saw blackmail, deception, betrayal, manipulation, and intimidation in that eye.

"That fool thought he could kill me. I've takin precautions to avoid that; magics, witchcraft, relics, anything and everything discovered that would save someone from death." A sick, twisted smile was hidden underneath his mask. Zane was trembling, trying to keep his emotions under control.

"I have no idea where he got those items from, but they completely destroyed my powers. Well, that's a lie. Not completely..."

"When he told me about the other universes, I didn't believe him at first. Then he showed me a glimpse into one. 'If you can bind your soul to another one of yourself, as long as they stay alive, one part of you will always be alive once you die. From there, I will get you back into your world. It will take a while, but you will have unlimited power.' he said. As you can imagine, I quickly agreed." He was insane, though Zane. Totally and completely insane. But he's you, ya know whispered a part in the back of his head.

The other Zane started laughing, his one eye opened wide. He walked slowly towards Zane, then started running. His form dissolved and fell apart the closer he got to him, but he didn't seem to notice. Zane backed up, his heart nearly beating out of his chest, as Zane #2 stopped laughing to lunge at his throat. 

  Zane quickly stumbled to the side, his limbs feeling like rocks. The other Zane turned around and lunged at him again. Zane fell backwards and hit what seemed to be a hard floor. The last thing he saw was Zane #2's insane eye staring into his own, and passed into darkness right before black gloves wrapped around his neck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, how was that?

Comment if you want me to continue.

Peace out~