Chapter 2

We join Nick and Gia as we get to subway. Gia is already half way done with her messy meatball sub hero. I go to sit by her to avoid Nick.

"No. I wan Unc Jerwy by me." She whines pouting her saucy mouth. I death glare Jared as he sits. Great. I look over at Nick. He watches me with a curious face. I sit by him, staying on the edge of the chair.

"How was the business?" Nick asks. I shrug.

"Business?" Jared questions.

"Yeah, the business you and I talked about." I say. His eyes widen.

"Oh, yes. Yes, yes." Jared says. "That business. It... is all settled."

"I'm going to go and get food." I announce. I walk up and begin to order my sandwich. Eventually, Jared wonders up. He gives me a worried look. "What?"

"Well Nick just told me something." He mumbles quietly as I finish my order. "He saw Anthony." I look at him wide eyed. "But he doesn't know that you know he is around, so he told me not to tell you and look out for him." I roll my eyes.

"I don't know why he can't tell me." I grumble. "Marriage doesn't work with secrets."

"You aren't innocent either than." He states as I pay the workers. "Just tell him you know."

"What if he becomes... I don't know... possessive and suspicious?" I question. "What if he thinks I know because I am seeing him again?"

"Stop over thinking and tell him." Jared instructs before ordering.

"I'll think about how to tell him. Don't say anything in the meantime." I say. He sighs. I walk back to the table with my sub. I sit silently and prepare to eat.

"You looked stressed." Nick states. I shrug.

"You do, too." I counter, then take a massive big of my sub to try to avoid talking. I glance at him. He looks anywhere but me. "Ah oo oay(are you okay)." He nods.

"You know what... I am stressed. Maybe we should go away for a couple days." He blurts.

"Seas wold?" Gia asks. I struggle to swallow my mouth full.

"Take off? B-But the company needs us-" I begin.

"It will be fine for a few days without us." He states. I stare at him in amazement. His company is everything to him, besides us. He is still confused about the length of our honey moon. He thinks we will go down. "I'm sure of it."

"Why can't it wait until our honey moon?" I ask. He glances around and 'clicks' his tongue.

"Why can't we wait until our honey moon, that's a very good question." He says. I bite my lip. His eyes snap to my lips. "Maybe to reconnect."

"Nick..." I trail off. It's been a rough few months. So much tension. We have not been having sex, well we are trying to last until our honey moon. It has not been easy.

"Oh no. we sees Cindiella." Gia says. I smile at he as Jared sits. He glances at me then at Nick. If he was a true asshole, he'd mention Anthony right now. He begins to eat.

After our lunch outing, Jared takes Gia back home as Nick drives us back to the office. How can he not mention Anthony? I have reasons not to.

"You really seem mad." He states pulling into the parking space. "What's up?"

"Nothing. I'm good." I say. I swing the door open, unbuckling myself.

"Gabriella." He bellows strictly making my heart race in pleasure. "Don't you dare step out of this car. " A shiver goes up my spine as demands me to stay. "Look at me. Now." I turn my head and look at him biting my lip. His eyes stare at my mouth as I chew on my bottom lip. He sighs. "I-I-I would...want you to tell me what's on your mind that is bothering you."

"Nothing." I remind. "It's just been a long day so far." His eyes meet mine. "Trust me. I'm okay." His eyes grow dark as they narrow unsatisfied. "What's bothering you?"

"I don't understand. I'm good. You aren't. You're my top priority." He says. "I know that there is more that you are not telling me. It bugs me not knowing everything, Gabriella." I roll my eyes.

"I know. We've been over this many times before." I remind. He sighs.

So help me go, Gabriella. I will put you over my knee and spank you until you tell me." He threatens leaving me breathless. I bite my lip.

"T-There is nothing on my mind." I state. He runs a hand through his hair.

"Fine, but if I find out otherwise, you will be punished." He says. "That's a promise." I nod. Finally, we get out of the car and wonder inside.

"You can't punish me just yet." I hum more to myself. We enter the elevator, a lady coming in behind us.

"Oh yeah?" He questions in a testing voice.

"Yes." I say. The doors close. "Good bye to whatever you have in mind" The doors open on the first floor letting the lady off. The doors close. I feel my body crash into the wall, making a moan escape my lips. Nick stares down at me. "Nick..."

"Gabriella, you will get punished. I won't wait." He says. "Now, do you promise nothing is bothering you?" I nod. The doors open. He slowly pushes away. "Well then, I guess we should continue on, shall we?" I follow behind his tall figure silently. I go into my office as he continues on. I collapse in my seat and sigh.

Authors note:

Hey my lovely readers!

I know these chapters are awkward and short and all right now, but it will improve since this is only the beginning.

So, Nick defiantly knows about Anthony. DUN DUN DUUUUNNNN.