Chapter 18; New Lifestyles

A/N; you guys, I just found the coolest thing. It's a Marvel Fanfiction awards! By marvelfanficawards .  Yes, go check it out and PLEASE NOMINATE MY BOOK! That would be so cool if I one something like that!

  Yes, go check it out and PLEASE NOMINATE MY BOOK! That would be so cool if I one something like that!

************

"Top or bottom?"

Maggie snapped out of her daze and glanced at her older cousin. She had been thinking about what had happened earlier.

"What?" She asked.

"Which do you want? Top or bottom?" Her nine-year-old cousin, Annie, asked her whilst pointing to the bunk bed in front of her.

"Oh, bottom. I don't like heights." Maggie responded quietly.

Annie shrugged, "Okay, I'll take the top. I'll be right back, I have to make sure my stupid baby brother isn't eating something off of the floor."

Annie left for her little brother, leaving Maggie alone in the large bedroom. Maggie stood in the middle of the room. She set her backpack on the bottom bunk and sat down. Tears pricked at her eyes as she recalled what had happened earlier.

**********

Maggie slammed her door shut and ran to her bed. She grabbed her backpack off of the ground and began packing everything that was hers.

The door opened slowly and Stark walked in. He gave her a sad look. He had taken off his sunglasses and now was just in a white shirt and black vest with black dress pants and shoes.

"Go away, Tony!" She yelled at the verge of tears. She sat on the floor beside the bed, gathering her clothes.

"I guess you heard what happened in there, huh?" He asked as he sat on the edge of the bed facing her.

Maggie wiped at her tears vigorously. "You don't want me anymore?"

"It's easier this way. You don't want to live here with me. My life isn't suitable for a kid. Constantly going to business meetings or throwing parties, that's not what you want." Tony said quietly.

"But, I like going to business meetings with you. I like having parties past my bedtime. And I like hanging out with you and the Avengers." Maggie defended herself.

She stood up and went inside the small bathroom, gathering her toothbrush.

"Well, you can still crash random people's meetings and parties." Stark called from her bedroom. "And you can probably still see the Avengers."

Maggie glanced at herself in the mirror. Her long brown hair fell over her shoulders in waves of a chocolate ocean, and her hazel eyes shone underneath her long, thick eyelashes. Her shirt had a Captain America shield on the front. And her knee-length light denim shorts with blue gym shoes tied her outfit together.