Chapter 6: A Whole New World

Ok so again, another quick update as per usual at the beginning of my chapter. I'm trying to get this done quickly in one of my frees so forgive me if it ends up a bit rushed. I'm guessing it's probably about time I did a disclaimer, especially as I didn't do one at the beginning of this fanfiction so here goes: I do not own the whole concept of this fanfiction, or of course most of the characters. Currently the only characters I own are Caia Riddle, Mr and Mrs Bowen, Carl Yates, and Eleonora (I say currently as there will inevitably be more later on). The plot is very much J.K.Rowling's although there are many bits that I am adding in or taking out as this story is very much centred on Caia's journey rather than Harry. Oh yeah, and one final part to the disclaimer...parts of this chapter, as in certain lines of speech, are taken directly from the novel as I kind of need them in order to stick to what J. K. Rowling wrote more or less but I will break it up with thoughts and emotions as well. Anyway, that really is enough rambling on from me but please try and drop me a review or vote for the story if you like it as I'm not really getting many votes and comments. Most of all though, just enjoy the chapter. :)

"You really mean it?" she asked, smiling tentatively as the small, dark haired boy in front of her slowly quashed all of her fears.

"I promise," he said nodding his head and then did something he'd never done before - he put his arms around her and hugged her. Caia was shocked at first but responded quickly, wrapping her arms around him too.

The door to Caia's hotel room suddenly sprung open and Hagrid came in talking to the room at large and sounding a little concerned.

"Is everythin' ok in 'ere?" he asked and then stopped when he saw the pair hugging and started backing out of the room looking sheepish and slightly embarassed. "Oh, umm sorry 'bout tha'...you were takin' such a long time tha' I...well I though' summat mighta gone wrong. Don' mind me." Both children just stared at him, confused.

"But what would have gone wrong?" they asked in unison and then Harry continued. "I was only coming up to wake her like you told me."

"I know, I jus'...well don' worry 'bout it, I shouldn'ta said tha', jus' forget I said anythin'," he mumbled quickly, looking mildly panick stricken and fleeing from the room before either child could ask any more questions.

"Do you know what he means?" Caia asked Harry, looking slightly perplexed.

"Not a clue," Harry replied shrugging. "He is right though, you need to get dressed so I'll leave you to it. See you downstairs in five?"

"Of course," she replied, staring after her new friend as he walked out of the door, shutting it behind him. Caia had never had a proper friend before, not one that she could tell everything anyway but she was confident that she had finally found one in Harry. He knew what she was going through, he understood her on more levels than one, he made her feel like there could be a place where she belonged. She got dressed in a hurry then, not wanting to spend too much time apart from her new best friend. She wasn't sure what she should wear so she just threw on a pair of jeans and a red, strappy top.

Caia looked at her reflection once more, just to check that she looked ok and was shocked when the mirror spoke to her in a motherly voice.

"You look beautiful darling. Go get him!" Caia stared at the mirror, completely abashed.

"D-did you just speak to me?" she stuttered. "And how do you know there is a him?" Her eyes narrowed, suddenly suspicious and wondered for a second if the mirror had been spying on her. She dismissed the thought immediately though - mirrors couldn't spy on people after all. Then again, last time she'd checked, they couldn't talk either and this one had just started babbling on again.