Chapter one

Like any other winter morning, I woke up shivering. My room was located on the 'bad side' of the house, where the walls were never insulated properly. I always got the chills when the outside cold seeped through the minuscule cracks in the wall.

Shaking off sleep, I got up and dragged myself to the shower. Striping down I let my pjs fall to the floor. Turning the knob I let the warm water hit my back with a satisfied feeling.

Closing my eyes, I let my mind drift, thinking about the many surprises I would receive over the course of the day. My family is quite eccentric when it comes to birthdays.

A loud thumping on my bathroom door snapped me out of my daze. I cautiously got out of the hot shower, threw a fuzzy towel over my naked body, and approached the door. Whatever was making the noise was persistent. If anything, the thumping had gotten faster and louder.

Swinging the door open, a bright light flashed. I covered my eyes, spots dancing in front of them. Looking up I saw my older brother, Lucas and a camera hanging from his hands.

"Damn, this is going on Instagram for sure!"

"Ugh! You are such an idiot!" I groaned and stepped toward him reaching for the camera. He pulled away, a large grin spread across his face, of his blonde hair shading his mischievous eyes.

"You better not post that! I'm in my friggin towel!" Part of me knew he wouldn't post the picture, but the other part of me wasn't so sure. Lately he has become bolder, more confident...

"Awe, but you look so cute!" He leaned against the doorframe, smirking at me, still holding the camera out of my reach.

"Damn it Lucas! Give it!" I grabbed for the camera, barely reaching it.

"Nope!" He stepped backwards away from the bathroom. Glaring at him, I stepped back into the bathroom and slammed the door. His laugh echoing back to me as he walked down the hall and down stairs.

Sighing, I turned and looked at myself in the mirror. My long blonde hair was soaked, and mascara shadowed my eyes, making me look like I hadn't slept the night before. I could only imagine how I looked in that stupid photo.

Dragging a brush through my hair, I started on the long journey to make myself look at presentable.

~<•>~<•>~<•>~<•>~<•>~<•>~

After slipping on my worn skinny jeans and an old Guns n Roses T-shirt, not really suitable for such a festive day, but comfortable enough. I took a quick look in the mirror, satisfied with my appearance and bounded down the stairs.

"Happy Birthday!" My parents popped out near the bottom. Both had smiles that reached their eyes.

I smiled back, not really surprised but grateful none the less. They grace me with their hugs, before leading me into the kitchen. A kitchen that smelled of freshly baked muffins and chocolate. Two of my favourite things.

A full plate of massive chocolate chip muffins was on the table, ready to be eaten. I hastily sat down and grabbed one, carefully peeling off the wrapper. Lucas came from the basement, taking a seat next to me.

He started reaching for a muffin from the plate, but I moved it out of his reach.

"Hey!" he exclaimed.

"Delete the picture and ill give you a muffin alright?" I said with a lecturing tone.

"Whatever, fine I'll get rid of it!" Defeated, he pulled out his phone and deleted the photo. He then turned the screen towards me to prove he got rid of it.

Smirking, I passed him a muffin, taking a bite out of my own as he took it.

I polished off my muffin with a lick of my fingers, kissed my mom and dad, and headed off to school, preparing myself for all the Happy Birthday attention waiting for me.

(( hey guys!!! This is our first story and it would help if we could get feed back on what you would like to see :) it would also help if you vote and follow??? ANYWAY ))

LOVE, lolli and pop xoxox