Chapter 1

Hey! Myriam here! I'm so sorry for taking so long to update! I've been somehow busy with summer classes! I hope you enjoy this chapter anyway! xx

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Another month had passed since the call on the beach. The four guys had talked about the matter, and decided to go for the fifth option, even if that was risky. They had called the number Emma had given them, and it all fell into place. The owner explained that the area was full of students like them, so they wouldn't have trouble with interrupting neighbours nor being away from the others. The only actual drawback would be their neighbours. They asked to be informed about them, so the owner explained. Their names were Lovino and Feliciano, and they were two italian brothers. However, they were the worst neighbours anyone could have, and unfortunately they had bought the half of the house they owned in the regular high price. She continued, sounding almost like if she was about to cry, that everyone who wanted to buy the house left swearing because of them. "Heh, they can't be worse than us" Gilbert had said and chuckled, and so they agreed to buy the house. 

It was a sunny August morning. Classes would begin in September, and the Bad Touch Trio (and Ludwig) had still one month of summer left. They had already paid for their residence, and it was time for them to actually move in it. For some reason, everyone was excited, besides Ludwig, who had a bad feeling about it.

As the sun was about in the middle of  the sky, Gilbert's new (used) car was parking outside of the house where he and his friends would soon move into. It was just like Emma had described it: The left half of it was painted red, white and green, and the right half was a shade of beige. Flowers were hanging from the wide balcony which both halfs shared, and there were two wide windows on the roof too. Apparently, the attic was also separated in two, like everything in the house. Looking more closely, bars could be seen, splitting even the balcony in two. That would probably isolate them, but if the two italians were actually terrible, this would be a good thing, maybe even a blessing. 

When he managed to park the car, Gilbert opened the door and glanced at the house again. Then, Francis, Ludwig and Antonio also exited the car, and proceeded to take their suitcases out of the trunk. Luckily, everyone had agreed to take only the essential stuff, so they weren't too heavy. Except for Francis', because for some reason he had packed everything that would fit in there, including wine bottles and a bunch of romance novels. Apart from the suitcases, the other three carried some cardboard boxes with their own books, decoration items and some snacks. The house was supposed to have the basics when it comes to furnishment, which meant it would have a fridge too, so why not use it?

As they reached the front yard though, every smile fell. It was full of broken glass and other rubbish. Gilbert raised an eyebrow, but stepped forward, deciding to investigate and clean it up later. The others followed, until they reached the right door. Ludwig pulled out a key and unlocked it without effort. It opened with a light squeak and revealed the house's interior. To their surprise, it was clean and tidy. The ground floor, in which they were, was fairly big. Just in front of them, there was a big white sofa and two matching armchairs, as well as a low glass table and a big television screen on the wall. The walls were empty, except for some bookshelves that looked steady enough to carry even a man's weight. Gilbert smirked, thinking about trying that out.

Walking further inside, Antonio found the kitchen. It was red and white mostly. Curious as he was, he opened one of the cupboards above the counter. Surprisingly, it wasn't empty. A couple of water glasses were inside, and they looked clean and unused. He reached out his hand and grabbed one. On its bottom, the IKEA logo was visible, along with 'Made in Sweden'. "I wonder in how many pieces it was at first", he said giggling. He carefully put it back in its place and opened a drawer,which was empty. After some more exploration, he found a fork, an ice pack and a small box of toothpicks. That meant they'd have to go shopping for cooking appliances and cutlery soon. 

Francis though was already going up the stairs to the first floor. Immediately, he realized that the bedrooms were there. He stole a glimpse of each one, and rushed to the balcony. He decided to stay there for a while. The view was astonishing. The colourful portrait of the lively city was framed by green mountains, while the smell of salt and the sound of waves from the beach made it purely magic. He felt like the richest man in the world for having the priviledge to see such beauty. However, his thoughts were interrupted by another sound, one of light footsteps. Just a few metres away, in the other side of the bars, a boy with straight dark brown hair was also admiring the view. "Bonjour!" Francis said and gave him a kind smile, and simultaneously the boy ran back inside.