Chapter 3

I do wanna dedicate this chapter to @FlyingWithBlackbirds for my beautiful new cover.

*the girl on the cover isn't an accurate representation of Jesse because she is a POC but her hair is purple lol* 

                                                                                           ~~~~

Officially done with this bullshit, I ripped my wrists from his hold. As I tried to walk away, Alex grabbed me by my shoulder and spun me around. His eyes flashed gold to show his wolf was at the forefront of his mind. "Why do you smell like another guy?" he asked again through clenched teeth.

"That" I said "is none of your business." I'm sure by now my eyes were shining silver. My wolf might have wanted her mate, but she also doesn't tolerate disrespect.

"You are my business" he growled out. "You belong to me!"

I squinted at him trying to decide how to respond, but I could barely focus with his fingertips digging into my shoulder. That's when the idea came to me. I let my body fall, pretending to faint, but he caught me before I touched the ground.

"Shit" he mumbled to himself. As he began walking I wondered where he might me taking me. My question was answered when he came to a stop. "Excuse me, um miss.... Uh nurse, she fainted" he said sounding nervous.

I heard her walk over to us and put her fingers on my neck to take my pulse. She abruptly drew back when Alex started growling at her. Ugh what is his deal? "So she's your mate?"

"Yes" he answered quickly.

"Lay her down on one of the beds and go back to class" she ordered.

I felt him tense as she finished speaking. "No, I- I can't."

Jeez does this guy have any chill? Since he wouldn't be leaving as soon as I'd hoped, I started drifting into a real sleep.

When I started to wake I felt eyes on me. I slowly opened one eye and was startled by Alex's focused form. "Eeeeeee" I screamed in surprise. "Why are you watching me sleep creeper?!" I shouted.

"I was worried about you" he said quietly. He looked so adorable saying that I almost wasn't creeped out. Almost

I kicked off the small blanket and sat up. "What time is it?"

"1:50" he said.

"Well then fuck the rest of 4th period. I'm out" I said walking out the door making a peace sign with my right hand.

When I made it out to the parking lot I remembered that Jason had given me a lift here. I had huffed in frustration and right on cue, I sensed him behind me.

"You need a ride?" He asked.

"I surely do not" I said beginning to strip as I walked toward the forest near the school.

Then Alex suddenly grabbed me. "What if someone sees you naked?!"

I patted my pants pockets "oh darn, it looks like I'm fresh out of fucks to give" I ripped my arm from his grasp and continued on my merry way.

It only took me a few minutes to make it back to the apartment. What a day. I'm officially sure the universe is out to get me.

When I made it into my room I pulled out my laptop so I could email my teachers about my absence. Usually around now I would take my after school nap but since I slept all freaking day I have no need to.

So I opened up Skype. I was desperately missing my best girl friend. See, my friend Maya is kinda wild sometimes, and her mom was getting pretty fed up with it. So, at the end of summer her mom decided that she might learn to behave if she went to go live with her grandma in Porto Rico for a year.