three

Susanna

My mother's smooth voice woke me up the next morning at approximately 6:30.

"I'm leaving, breakfast is on the stove. Love you, Sus!" She kissed me on the cheek, though I was still half asleep.

It took me about 5 minutes to actually get out of my comfortable bed and start getting ready. I praised God that the school was a 5 minute driving distance, because I have a feeling I'm going to take forever to get ready. Plus, Anne and my mom arranged for me to pick Harry up and drive him to school for a while. Apparently, Harry has been walking to school and suddenly hates it.

Pushing my distracting thoughts aside, I picked out an outfit...something that says "Hi! I'm Susanna and I promise I'm not annoying". I chose a stripped crop top with a flannel over it, paired with my black converse and black leather skinny jeans.

Leaving my hair in its normal curly fashion, I grabbed my bag and headed downstairs for breakfast.

Mom left french toast with an apple and chocolate milk. I gulped everything down in like five minutes and made my way to my car and to Harry's house.

It appeared that Anne had already left for work, because her van was gone. I parked in her parking spot and honked my horn to let Harry know I was here.

Harry immediately came barreling out in a navy blue t-shirt and black skinny jeans. I smiled at him when he climbed into the passenger side.

"I love your car! And...your outfit!" Harry spoke slowly.

"Thank you." I said while backing out. I loved my little green "beetle-bug" as I used to call it when I was little. Ever since I watched the movie Herbie, I was obsessed with the cars.

"T-thanks for ride, Susanna." Harry leaned over into my personal space as I was turning out of our neighborhood, causing me to bump into him. I mumbled a "sorry" and continued driving.

"No problem. I'd hate walking to school too. How long does it take you to get there by foot?" I asked. The school was in my sight by now. Damn, that was quick!

"Uh, I really do not know that. Like, forever." Harry shrugged.

I giggled and pulled into Ridge High's student parking lot and found a spot near the school's front doors. Harry and I climbed out, along with our bags, and headed towards the office. I needed my schedule and he was just following me.

Two boys were already waiting to be seen by the principal and were arguing with each other when Me and Harry walked in. The lady at the front seat looked extremely amused when I approached her with Harry by my side.

"Um, I'm a new student and I need my schedule." I said timedly.

"Name?" The woman asked.

"Susanna Reyes."

She handed me a small, pink sheet of paper and gave me a small smile. I thanked her and made my way out of the office. Harry jogged after me.

"What is...schedule?" He peered over my shoulder.

"Marine Biology 1st period, Pre - Calc 2nd, English 3rd, Journalism 4th, Lunch, American History 5th, Gym 6th." I read it off to him.

Harry screeched in my ear. "We have Journalism together!"

I found the idea of Harry taking photos odd, especially since he could barely keep quiet and stand up straight. But I smiled at him and said a small "yay".

"I will walk you to science, Susanna." Harry grabbed my arm and pulled me roughly towards a hallway labeled "S".

Harry burst open a door that read "Mr. Stanton" and pushed me inside. Never in my life have I felt so awkward. The whole class stopped what they were doing and stared at me like I was some mythical creature, and Harry was my unicorn pal.

"Hiiiiiii..." Harry breathed deeply. The class giggled as I stared down at my shoes.

"Good morning, Mr. Styles. I do believe I have you 7th period...am I correct?" A man that stood in front of the chalkboard spoke up. I guessed this was my teacher, Mr. Stanton. He had a long beard and wore Harry Potter glasses.

"Yes sir, Mr. Stanton sir. I was showing Susanna to her classes." Harry informed him quickly.

"Indeed. Well, thank you, but you can go on to your 1st period class now. See you in a couple of hours." Mr. Stanton shooed Harry away. Looking back before he left the room, he shot me a smirk and called out like he was across a football field, "Have a good day, Susanna!"

Mr. Stanton chuckled once Harry left. "Crazy boy...anywho! You may sit wherever there is an available seat. You must be in groups of three. Welcome to Ridge High, by the way."

I thanked him and moved towards the back of the classroom, every new kids resort. But it seemed every lab station had three people.

Finally, I spotted a table at the front of the classroom. Oh well. I climbed into a seat in between a blonde boy and a thick brunette and grabbed a notebook out of my bag.

The blonde boy grinned at me. "I see you have met my best friend."

Green eyes popped into my mind. "Harry?"

"Yea."

"Oh yea. He lives down the street I just moved into." I said.

"Cool. I'm Niall by the way." He stuck out his hand and I shook it. Niall gestured to the girl beside me, "That's Karla. She hates me."

The brunette, Karla, groaned, "I don't hate you, you just annoy the shit out if me sometimes."

I laughed and introduced myself. "I'm Susanna. Nice to meet you two!"

"Pretty name." Karla commented, staring at my outfit. "You got style."

Blushing, I looked away and wrote down the notes Mr. Stanton was writing on the chalkboard.

Niall spoke once again, "So, what do you think of Harry?"

"He's very sweet, but a little odd. I like being around him, though. I feel like he brightens everyone's mood." I said.
"Yea, he's quite strange, but there's a reason for that." Niall mumbled. I opened my mouth to ask what the reason was, but Mr. Stanton shushed us and pointed to the board, gesturing for us to get to work.

Guess I'll have to wait to find out why Harrys so special.

♢♢♢
Ridge High's lunchroom was just as basic as any other high school's lunchroom, except it was a lot bigger. More than 50 tables were placed in the area, and I actually did not feel claustrophobic.

Karla was telling me about the school's food and how it actually wasn't that bad when Harry called across the cafeteria for me.

"SUSANNA! OVER HERE!"

Over half the people in the lunchroom turned to get a good look at me. I almost puked there on the spot, but Karla pushed me forward to the table where Harry and Niall sat, trying to keep me from having a mental breakdown.

"Hiiiiiii..." Harry grabbed my flannel and pulled it towards him. "Is Your day okay so far?"

I nodded and stared at Niall. He cleared his throat, getting Harry's attention.

"Harry, you don't yell across the cafeteria like that. You could have waved or waited until Susanna got closer to call her over." He quietly scolded Harry.

"Well, I just wanted her over here quicker. Stop bugging me!" Harry sneered and turned to look at me, "I am Sorry."

"It's okay."

Harry pulled my arm closer to him and continued eating his sandwich with his other hand. I didn't say anything, and gestured to Niall not to, because I didn't eat lunch anyways. For some reason, I thought Niall looked bored when he wasn't scolding Harry.

This is going to be a fun rest of the school year.
■■■■■■■
Hiya!

Pic of how I imagine Susanna in the media

Long update but I hope it's good! Like and comment what you think!

Love whoever is reading this...

-Jessi