(01) Asshole

🌙 Alycia POV

"Seriously Alycia" Blake mumbled "I don't even know why you bother coming to classes, if you don't even learn anything"

"Jesus, Blake" I rolled my eyes "I've told you if my dad notices anymore absences, he's going to flip out"

"And you just have to be daddy's little girl" he mumbled a final time, before slamming the classroom door behind him.

He earned himself a glare from Mr.Holt, our English teacher. I just smiled at him innocently.

"Good morning Mr.Holt"

"Good Morning Alycia" his grumpy glare lightened up into a smile, causing a scoff from Blake as he took a seat.

The only reason I enjoyed having English in the morning, is I got time to sleep off the time I stayed awake the night before.

All Mr.Holt does is talk and talk, and occasionally reads us a couple chapters from a book.

"Alright class" Mr.Holts voice broke the conversations that were going on across the classroom "I know I usually give you all time to read before we start the lessons, but I want to get to all of the presentations before the period ends"

Perfect. I usually don't go on until the end, so I have time to take a nap during everyone's presentation.

"Any volunteers to go first?"

As I always, my hand shot straight up, and as always Mr.Holt just chuckled and said "let's give someone else a turn shall we Ms.Carey"

"Mmh how about...Ivory?"

"Shit" Ivory said plainly "No thank you sir, I'll stick to being last"

"You didn't due your paper did you Ivory" I laughed lightly, turning to ask her "again"

"Ding, ding, ding" she tapped her nose, showing I was right, she didn't write her paper.

"So, just improvise" Mr.Holt smiled

Mr.Holt was nothing compared to the rest of the school staff here, but I still couldn't help but hate the way he always picked on Ivory.

I mean seriously, cut the girl some slack. The cops have been to her house about 3 time this year, and every now and then, she shows up to class with new bruises to show off.

Ivory rolled her grey eyes and stuck a couple strand of her jet black, wavy hair behind her ears. She got up and dragged herself to the front of the class.

"Why don't you tell us what quote you picked Ms.Ivory" Mr.Holt asked "then the author and book it was exported from"

She cleared her throat and stood straight, with a big smile on her face.

"Hell is empty" she said nice and loud "All the devils are here"

I smiled and admired her confidence. The way she stood proudly in front of 21 students in her metallic silver overalls and pastel pink blouse.

"William Shakespeare, The Tempest. A play performed on November 1st, 1611" Ivory said, finishing off with a sarcastic line "it means, there's a little bit of bad in the best of us"

Mr.Holts slow clapping filled the awkwardly silent classroom. "Well that was. . .quite terrifying" he laughed at her "next?"

Everyone else laughed, but I didn't. I didn't laugh because the slick smile Ivory plastered on her face, was not slick enough to hide the embarrassment in her cheeks

"Asshole" I mumbled

That's when the entire room fell silent , and all eyes were pressed on me.

"Excuse me, Ms.Carrey , would you like to repeat yourself" Mr.Holt stood up from his seat in front.

Yeah, I was his favorite student, but Mr.Holt hated being disrespected by anyone under his age.

"I said, awesome" I improvised "what Ivory had to say about William Shakespeare's book was awesome"

"I would have to disagree with you for once Ms.Carrey, and maybe we could talk about it today, after school, in detention." Mr.Holts eyes scanned the room and landed on Ivory "all three of us"

So great, not only have I gotten my first ever detention, but I'd stupidly dragged Ivory into it.