high school love a semi

~DEMI~

~ Demi's P.O.V. ~

I can't believe that just happened! Selena Gomez just talked to me! Me! Of all people she came up to me and talked to me! I'm fighting the urge to just break out in the middle of the hallway and dance. Yeah, that's exactly how excited I am I guess I looked like an idiot just standing there staring at the spot where Selena once stood with my mouth open because I was getting a bunch of weird looks. But who cares! Selena Gomez just talked to me! Okay I know I've said that a billion times by now but I can't get over it! Am I not allowed to get excited over my crush talking to me out of nowhere? I mean, I HAVE liked her for four years now and the fact that she even knew I existed makes me scream for joy. Yeah, I know. I'm weird. Don't gotta' tell me that cause I already knew. Wow! Now I'm talking to myself! Great! Add that to my crazy list. God, I need help.

"Yo, Demi!" Alyson called from in front of me. Whoa! I didn't even notice she was there! Must've been really out of it. "You okay?"

"Huh? What? Oh, yeah! I'm fine," I stammered. Great! Not only do I sound like an idiot in my head but I also sound like one when I'm talking? Awesome! And yes, that was sarcasm.

"You don't sound like it. Are you sure you're okay?" I guess she noticed my stuttering.

"Yeah. Guess I was just out in my own little world." I chuckled as she just looked at me funny.

"O-kay. Anyways! Can I have a ride home?" I inwardly thanked god she changed the subject. I was so sure she was gonna keep questioning me about it. Guess I was wrong.

"Car still taken away from you?" I questioned her.

She looked down and nodded. "Yeah.."

I giggled. "Well then I'll be delighted to take you home," I said trying to a keep a straight face while Alyson started laughing.

"You are definitely different than anyone else I know," I pretended to be hurt but let's face it, she wasn't lying.

"I know, but hey why don't you just stay over for a little bit?" I asked her as we walked out of the school's air-conditioned hallways and into the hot September air outside.

"You sure that's okay with your parents?" Alyson asked me as we made it over to my car.

"Eh. They're not gonna care. Besides they love you," I replied as we got in the care. It really was true though. My parents love Alyson as if she was their own daughter (not that they don't have enough already).

"Okay then. I'll just text my mom and let her know."

~.~

"Mom I'm home! And I brought Alyson with me!" I yelled into the house before taking off my shoes and tossing my bag on the floor near the door. Ha-ha! Floor near the door. That rhymed! Ahh I just crack myself up!

"Oh hi sweetie! Hi Alyson!" My mom hugged me and gave me a kiss on the cheek before she moved over to Alyson and did the same.

"Well we're gonna go to my room now so... bye!" I said before grabbing Alyson's arm and dragging her up the stairs with me to my room.

"Ow! Geez didn't have to hold such a tight grip on my arm!" Alyson said as we made it into my room while rubbing her arm.

I laughed a little. "Sorry," I said before I felt my phone buzzing in my pocket.

"Who's that?" Alyson asked walking over to where I was now sitting on my bed.

"Uhm, I don't know," I said while pulling out my phone from my pocket.

"Well check duh!"

"Alright, alright! Sheesh! No need to be pushy," I said. I checked my phone to see who it was that was messaging me. It was Selena. Selena Gomez texted me! Oh my god! I'm freaking out! I wonder what it says. Maybe she wants to hang out? Or maybe she just wants to know what the English assignment was. What if she wants to ask me out? Does she like me? Or what if she knows I have a crush on her and she just wants to tell me she's not interested? Oh god! What does she want? Oh wait! I have an idea! Maybe I should just open up the text message and see what she said? Yeah that sounds like a good idea! So with that I pressed my finger on the screen as the text message showed.