Chapter one: Hope

"Hey Liam come here and hug me." I called out to my baby brother he was just so adorable I couldn't hold back my kisses and it seriously annoyed him so much but I didn't care because his cheeks were so chubby.
He just ran around the house while I chased after him it was not long before I caught up to him. He wasn't that fast because he was just five.
Hey that's cheating he protested in his little voice trying to pull away from me and my kisses.
       ********************

That was one of the last memories I had of my family. My family wasn't all that bad but it was a big family and my parents would work so hard to try and support me and my five siblings. I don't think they will allow me back not with all that happened all I want to do really is just go back and fix things
"Lisa what are you thinking about dear"
You have been lost in thought all morning dear, I just told to go Mrs Green she said she has work for you to do."
After I left home life became so hard. I was sleeping on the streets and I would go for days without food and only a few drops of water on occasion I had almost died when Ms Drew found me in the hospital and took care of me. She took me in no questions asked at all.
"Ohh sorry Ms Drew. Sure I will go" I said as I stood up from the chair in the kitchen.
MS Drew owned very small home (yes I called it home because for the past five months this place has become my home my solitude only place I could be myself) it was a small house with two bedrooms, bathroom, kitchen and a sitting room. She said she was an only child and had inherited it from he parents they weren't that wealthy but from what I knew and could tell she was very happy with her childhood.
I went to the room I currently sleep in OR I should say own and changed in a pair of Blue Jeans with a white T-shirt and a black jersey I didn't own a lot of clothes because as I said my family wasn't wealthy and when I was on the streets I gave some of the clothes to a girl I met there before she was taken to an orphanage
The girl's name was Annabelle and she was on the street after her parents died three years ago and she went to live with her aunt who abused her, she decided to runaway after her aunt threatened to sell her off.
I heard mumbling coming from downstairs after I finished getting dressed i started running downstairs.
"I will go now MS D, see you later" i said while taking an apple from the dining table.
The house was really simple so there was a half wall that divided the kitchen from the dining table.

"Morning Ms Green, how are you?"I said opening the front door to Ms Green's house which was like three minutes from Ms Drew's house.
"I'm fine and how are you Elisa? And how is Elizabeth?" well as you can guess already my name is Elisa Wright but Ms Drew is the only person who calls me Lisa she says when she was younger everyone used to call her Eliza, so calling me Elisa would sound like she is calling herself as the two names sound the same but aren't written the same.
"I'm fine and she is a beautiful and selfless as always." I told her as i went to where to help her carry the box, she was trying to lift.
"Here let me help you." I asked throwing the Apple I was eating in the bin
"Where should I take this?"
I asked her as i realised i didn't know where to put the box i held in my hands.
" You can put it in the living room dear it's just a few things in that box i no longer use" i took the box to the living room and set it down on the coffee table.
All the houses in this town where really simple and all the people who lived here were super nice as well. When i got here five months ago i would occasionally go around houses just to help where i can. I wanted to occupy myself with work so that i my mind wont wonder and wonder back to the life i left behind. No one knows the the real reason I left home all they know is because of the poverty but there is something else that really caused me to leave. I just hope they will not hate me when or if they eventually find out. Well I really don't know what life has in store for me but i will face anything if it means saving the people i love.
**************
Well I want to thank you for reading the first chapter of better days. I hope you liked it. Vote/Comment